X-Plane 10.10 Final is now available

Hawk UK

You sure? I just attempted an update and 10.10r3 remains in place. It's also not noted in the dev blog, which is usually the go-to place for news of such things.

-Greg

E-mail from Austin on the 3rd:

X-Plane 10.10 is final now!

Run your installer to get it.

This is the version of X-Plane 10 that would have been 10.00 in a perfect world: Really stable and well-tested, and good for tremendous amounts of bug-free use.

NEXT on our plate: 64-BIT!

THAT will make X-Plane 10.20 able to withstand any rendering option you can imagine entering without crashing!

Of course, the frame-rate will die off, depending on your computer, but you will be able to use your hardware for whatever it is worth, that's for sure!

Then, once 10.20 is out with 64-bit and running the way we like, we will start aiming at 10.30... what shall it have?

Well, that depends on what you email me asking for! ;-P

austin

You sure? I just attempted an update and 10.10r3 remains in place. It's also not noted in the dev blog, which is usually the go-to place for news of such things.

-Greg

Absolutely I'm sure..... Go here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=62086 for the official X-Plane forum news.

I received their newsletter telling me the good news. :)

Hawk.

There is no such thing.

Kaphias. I stand corrected..... Your absolutely right! I do apologise.... with the link residing in the Xp site I just assumed it was an Official Forum, when in fact they do specify it is a community link..... Again, my apologies. :)

Edited by Hawk UK

Ah ha - I would have thought they would pull the "r3" designation and just leave it at a nice clean 10.10 once it was declared final, but I see they do things differently here in the X-Plane world. Thanks for the pointers, and the wiki link to the release notes!

Now lets see if they can get moving on the scenery improvements they've been promising!

Thanks!

-Greg