Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.5 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.5 update for the Take Command! CRJ-200. All customers who have purchased the CRJ-200 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the CRJ-200 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.5 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the CRJ-200 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: CRJ-200".

The new installer will detect whether this is a new install, or if you already have any CRJ-200 version installed. Depending on your current situation, the installer will run through the appropriate paths with you, including uninstalling all unnecessary items from the previous version!

Your liveries/downloaded paints will be safe in this process!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

-Re-worked cockpit windows to render correctly in X-Plane 10.10 HDR

-Re-worked lighting to look better in X-Plane 10.10 HDR

-Tuned engine start to work correctly in X-Plane 10.10

-Tuned EGT and oil pressure for X-Plane 10.10

-Added ability to fuel and de-fuel via the FMC, to work around fuel distribution idiosyncrasies of X-Plane

-Re-worked remote CDU to integrate seamlessly with the New iPad and Retina Resolution (graphics by Andreas Guecklhorn)

-Fixed a crash-to-desktop when selecting approaches for subsequent flights of a turnaround

-Improved calculation of course-to-intercept waypoints

-Fixed issue where non-GPU modification version of aircraft would not activate

NOTE: If you don't like the fixed iPad-resolution of the new remote CDU, you can find the old version in plugins/CRJAvionics/Resources/docroot_old/.

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

Just downloaded and installed the update, Thanks!

I have a couple of suggestions for you guys:

The update process erased (restored to original) the navigraph FMC data that was installed, perhaps the installer could check if there is a more recent data installed and not replace it.

How about placing another item in the airplane menu of the FMC to open (toggle) the doors? I find somewhat difficult to get near the click spots to do so.

Great product! keep up the good work.

Great and seems to work just fine under 9.7 for me.

Two things though:

1. FMC popup graphics look sort of chopped at the bottom. Was not like that in 1.4.5

2. Loading fuel over the FMC is a great, but a short manual on how to use it should be included as well. Also, if we load the fuel over the FMC, we still have to go into the X-Plane menue for the load. Thus. it would be great to be able to do both in the FMC, but that would also require to be able to see the total weight displayed. Just a thought for the future.

This is only 9.7 version!

Hi, when I press the FMC POS INIT, my x-plane collapses crj-200, 1,50 x-plane 10.10r3 airac 1210

Description

Faulting Application Path: G:\X-Plane 10\X-Plane.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: X-Plane.exe

Application Version: 10.1.0.14

Application Timestamp: 505c1463

Fault Module Name: win.xpl

Fault Module Version: 1.5.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 5074367f

Exception Offset: 000acf97

Exception Code: c0000409

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1060

Additional Information 1: ea36

Additional Information 2: ea363947afad92c8d94df247d9ecce57

Additional Information 3: 2b95

Additional Information 4: 2b95058425499f2cfbb0ae50224fd8e5

Posinit.jpg

THX, Silvo

Edited by cicmen

Hi, when I press the FMC POS INIT, my x-plane collapses crj-200, 1,50 x-plane 10.10r3 airac 1210

Description

Faulting Application Path: G:\X-Plane 10\X-Plane.exe

What buttons did you press between loading the CRJ-200 ver 1.50 and pressing POS INIT? Have you tried starting X-plane, loading a default aircraft (say the C-172) waiting for it to load, exiting X-plane. Then restart X-plane, let it load the default C-172, then when its loaded, select the new CRJ-200 wait for that to load, then using the check list, start the APU ect, IRS 1 and 2 to NAV, then try INDEX and then the POS INIT sequence of inputing Airport ICAO, copying to scratcpad the Lat/Long using the RSK oposite the ICAO then RSK 5 to SET POS or something similar (not at sim at the moment so can't check).

cessna729.

permissions on the file itself seem good. It also doesn't even bounce.

I still have a sneaking suspicion this is permissions related.

Please follow the below instructions:

1. Download the attached zip file and decompress it

2. Move the file "corrector.sh" to your installer folder. This is the same folder where "setup-osx" is located.

3. Open the application called 'Terminal' and type: cd

4. Press space bar

5. Now drag the folder that your installer is located in onto the terminal application window

6. Press enter

7. Now copy, paste, and press enter with the following: ./corrector.sh

After doing the above re-run the installer.

corrector.zip

Same issue as with the 777 remote CDU ;) It is not scrollable ! Would work perfectly on every smartphone but you cannot move it around to access everything. Probably a simple html parameter. Could you fix that please ? (In both planes ;) )

As stated in the update notes here and in the email: NOTE: If you don't like the fixed iPad-resolution of the new remote CDU, you can find the old version in plugins/CRJAvionics/Resources/docroot_old/.

I have question, CRJ200 still uses GIZMO? After every update installer add two files to plugins directory: gizmo.plugin and shrink-wrap.plugin . CRJ works fine without it... (i never find any problem... :) )...

Yes, it still uses these. Removing them will cause problems for you down the line at an unexpected date, as these control license verification and are done at periodic intervals. Failure to have them present will ultimately "break" your CRJ at that time and you will likely forget why. It is advised you not remove these if you wish to have a fully working CRJ.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

how do i get the update when i bought the plane on "X-Planes.org" ? I didn't get any e-mail that a new update is available, nor i'm able to find a download link to the update on x-planes.org. Do i need to create an X-Aviation account as well?

Any hints would be appreciated!

kind regards

jan

You will need to contact the org for assistance in this matter. This section of the forums are for X-Aviation customers.