EHEH Eindhoven Airport - WIP

lizz

Hi,

I am currently working on a Dutch airport, Eindhoven (EHEH) which is a civil airport and also a MIl airforce base. Altough most of the airport operation is civil nowadays, the airport is still controlled by the Dutch Airforce. In fact the airport started as a MIL base only in the past. It is the homebase of the KC10 tankers which regularly are used for instruction flights as well, very nice as you can see those big aircraft taking off and practicing touch and goes many times. Very nice when RWY 22 is in use and sitting at the spotters place :D

This is a work in progress and not finished yet. For me it's my first attempt into scenery design so the learning curve has been very steep. I was so disapointed there was no good XP10 compatible EHEH, so I decided to take a chance in designing it myself. I must say that I'm very inspired by the work of Frede as he makes very nice airport using only common available objects.

To start with I purchased the FS2004 version of EHEH from OryxSim and converted it using FS2XPlane hoping that something usefull cam out, and actually it did. I asked Florian, the owner of OryxSim, if he could grand me the rights to use the objects specifically for this airport and he did. So besides a lot of Openscenery,RuScenery and legobrick items quite a number of EHE special objects have been used making it a 'real' eindhoven version, e.g. the terminal

and a lot of logistical buidlings on the business side of the airport.

I'm posting a few pictures here from the Military side as well as the civil side of the airport. I tried to stick to reality as much as possible but as this is a MIL facility there is not much information available and googlemaps is blurred for security reasons. So, I allowed myself some 'creative freedom' there where necessary. Even visiting the airport (I'm living very near it) does not give much more info besides of the Civil Apron, the rest of it is heavily unaccesable.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

post-4006-0-35252700-1349694623_thumb.pn

post-4006-0-32434100-1349694664_thumb.pn

post-4006-0-97284500-1349694681_thumb.pn

post-4006-0-61759000-1349694698_thumb.pn

post-4006-0-95232200-1349694713_thumb.pn

post-4006-0-10624800-1349694731_thumb.pn

post-4006-0-04025200-1349694745_thumb.pn

Edited by lizz
  • Upvote 1

These shots look great. I'm working on my first airport as well and am muddling through with WED and Overlay Editor. I'm curious about the grass textures visible in some of your shots, like around the base of the lights in 7391. Did that come from the FS2004 version, or did you make that yourself?

Another thing I wonder if you've run into - some of the objects I've placed in my airport don't show up, or disappear, when I start up X-Plane. Have you experienced anything like that?

Hi Krogerfoot.

What do you mean with "base of the lights in 7391"?

Ik you mean the grassborders that can be seen on some of the pictures, they are from the Ruscenery library.

I have experienced a lot of issues during my many hours working in WED and OE.

Objects dissapearing and showing up; I have not seen that before.

• 2 months later...