Joystick not being detected by X-Plane using Fedora 17

Gquann

Hi everyone, I have spent the last hour trying to figure out a problem with no luck at all. I am using Fedora 17 linux and have successfully got X-Plane 10.10 installed and working all except for one thing. One of my joysticks are not showing up in the joystick configuration in X-Plane. I have calibrated it using jscal so it is detected in linux itself. Also I have another flight simulator installed on the system and the joystick is working fine in that. It is only in X-plane that it won't work. I have three joysticks all doing different things and two of them work fine it's just the pedals that I built that don't work. As I have mentioned it works fine in an older simulator that I was messing around with called Fly! 2. I'm sure it brings back memories for some of you.

Anyway I hope someone here can point me in the right direction to get this problem solved. I've read about udev rules but there is not one website that explains in clear English how to set a udev rule up. Even Chris Serio has posted about it but I can't work out how to do it!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gquann.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

can you post more info on the joystick in question (what axes/buttons are present on it, ...)?

Also can you post result of running command 'ls -lsaF' in /dev/input directory (or where the eventXX files reside), along with info which event file corresponds to the joystick in question (/proc/bus/input/devices file might help you to identify the device)?

Kind regards,

Michal

Edited by uglyDwarf