SSG Embraer 170

Michael_Chang

I have no clue where you get the idea that it's made with no respect. Michael took the time to be very descriptive and add photos to his review... I know that if I was still developing aircraft, I'd be very thankful to someone who took the time to review the faults with my aircraft and give enough detail to allow me to easily fix them.

I'd say this is a pretty good example of a comment made without respect. Don't know why you felt like you had to let loose the torrent of personal attacks; I didn't see anything like that in Michael's post.

I think this will generally be a case where we'll have to "agree to disagree", but I am always open to feedback from... less-skilled people in my field. Many times I've received great advice from other people who are not artists or architecture students. I appreciate the fresh eye, as I know that in those fields, my work is not only viewed by my peers, but the general public. I'd like to think that X-Plane is similar- I know my audience isn't only those better than me; I'm designing for the whole community. So of douse I'd love to hear their ideas on my product.

Huh? Let me rephrase my earlier post a bit....

It appears that Mr. Chang is a hack. If I were him, I'd keep my pie-hole shut, develop my own payware aircraft and let my work do the talking. But as we see day after day, the internet ain't pretty and it gives people like Mr. Chang (and I'll repeat) the ability to write checks his mouth can't cash.

• Upvote 1

As said many times before;shut up or put up.

Mr. Chang, behind the scenes you're turning into a joke. This isn't the way to gain friends/credibility in this community. At this rate the ditch is getting deeper and deeper.

"An empty wagon makes the most noise."

Edited by Airbus
  • Upvote 1

Look, this thread wasn't even meant to be a flame, just a critique. there are thousands of people in the x-plane world who praise and praise and praise, but i've never seen a criticism ever. Tell me, if one were to know a problem on a plane and report it, does it matter who that person is? If they know that this or that needs fixing, then why should it matter who's account it comes from. It seems that x-plane has an unspoken policy that if you can't do the same, don't say anything. I don't like that. X-plane should have a policy more like "if you know what to fix, say something", it's not like someone will take you out of you decide to post a criticism.

And directly to Ricardo and the rest of SSG. i know you don't like me, no surprise there, but if say, another bystander were to tell you that these problems were present, would you launch a personal attack on that person? no. i don't think you would. So why does it make it okay to do that to me? I may be a pirate and a thief and a Mr. CTRL+C but if I know that there's something wrong with the plane, then why would it matter who told you? If I were in your position, it wouldn't matter who the criticism came from, if their information can be proven and backed up, I'd go straight to editing a mesh or tweaking something for the next update.

Airbus, trust me, there's nothing i'd want more than to make a few friends here, but i'm not going to stop posting edits and reasoning with regards to all the payware aircrafts. People around here really need to start questioning the quality of a plane when it comes out, especially paywares and i don't understand why people don't do that. Tell me why I should put up with a plane if it has inaccuracies? Because I really don't see why I should.

I'm sorry this thread had to end up like this, however I still feel that by addressing these issues of the plane, it will eventually get better.

Huh? Let me rephrase my earlier post a bit....

It appears that Mr. Chang is a hack. If I were him, I'd keep my pie-hole shut, develop my own payware aircraft and let my work do the talking. But as we see day after day, the internet ain't pretty and it gives people like Mr. Chang (and I'll repeat) the ability to write checks his mouth can't cash.

As said many times before;shut up or put up.

Mr. Chang, behind the scenes you're turning into a joke. This isn't the way to gain friends/credibility in this community. At this rate the ditch is getting deeper and deeper.

"An empty wagon makes the most noise."

Just trying to understand... you're both of the opinion that I shouldn't comment on the work of people who can do something I can't?

Just trying to understand... you're both of the opinion that I shouldn't comment on the work of people who can do something I can't?

Kaphias is right, if someone has the knowledge but not the proper abilities to fix it, why can't they comment to make someone else's version better?

It's like thinking "if these people don't know how to model as well as we do, then we don't have to listen to them about how to fix our planes"

Edited by Michael_Chang

Michael,

Lets take all emotion out of it and be logical as to why people react to you the way they do:

1. You pirate software including the core program you wish to develop for (know this)

2. You get carried away with your "criticisms", which are often rude and petty

3. You haven't produced anything during your tenor as a developer but tout how you are so much better than everyone else(seen this)

4. You have never shown any respect to payware developers in the form by trying to distribute their work as your own

Sorry Mikey but you are backing yourself into a corner. Look at this post and the first sentence....Doesn't seem like someone who has the best intentions. You are doing this to yourself....

Personally if you were my kid, and I found out you acted like this, you would be sent to your room without any electronic devices for a few months after your homework was finished and forced to read some classics....

• Upvote 1

I really would like to know how could you critcise any plane by a screenshot ! or you have the plane ? if have where did you get it ?

But we will not drive the SSG by our comments !

good lock!

All it takes is one screenshot to be able to tell problems. and if you must know, I used the aircraft at a computer sim club in school, the club head bought the plane and let us all try it out. I assure you, the systems are quite nice, and the cockpit is also incredible, but the exterior, as I said, is still in need of some TLC

And directly to Ricardo and the rest of SSG. i know you don't like me, no surprise there,

Yes... I like you (you look good with those 2 nice girls in your profile photo) ... You have my personal mail and Stefan mail... then why you just dont send us your nice advice about the E170. ?

Carlos Garcia Acevedo.

Edited by Carlos Garcia

Michael,

Lets take all emotion out of it and be logical as to why people react to you the way they do:

1. You pirate software including the core program you wish to develop for (know this)

2. You get carried away with your "criticisms", which are often rude and petty

3. You haven't produced anything during your tenor as a developer but tout how you are so much better than everyone else(seen this)

4. You have never shown any respect to payware developers in the form by trying to distribute their work as your own

Sorry Mikey but you are backing yourself into a corner. Look at this post and the first sentence....Doesn't seem like someone who has the best intentions. You are doing this to yourself....

Personally if you were my kid, and I found out you acted like this, you would be sent to your room without any electronic devices for a few months after your homework was finished and forced to read some classics....

I know, i'm a harsh person. but it's not that easy to change that about me, believe me, many have tried. I also feel that this criticism didn't offend or insult anyone, and that disclaimer is merely there because people think that i'm trying to attack someone by doing this. This post just listed the errors with the plane, It didn't attack the developers, it didn't insult anyone and I have clearly stated time and time again that once a plane is updated to my liking, that i would purchase it.

Yes... I like you (you look good with those 2 nice girls in your profile photo) ... You have my personal mail and Stefan mail... then why you just dont send us yoor nice advice about the E170. ?

Carlos Garcia Acevedo.

Well i know you don't know this yet, but part of the reason i post out here in the public, is because i want to get people to think. I want people to think about what they can do to try and make a plane better. They may not have the knowledge required for 3D modelling, but resources for the testing and proving of certain errors (physical traits, some flight dynamics) are present all around. It's what i wish to see, people thinking about what the real value of a payware jet is and how much they can do to help the developers make it better.

I know it seems a little backwards in logic, but x-plane has so much potential to be THAT much better, so I'm trying to get the general public to engage themselves in this process.

Edited by Michael_Chang

Well i know you don't know this yet, but part of the reason i post out here in the public, is because i want to get people to think. I want people to think about what they can do to try and make a plane better. They may not have the knowledge required for 3D modelling, but resources for the testing and proving of certain errors (physical traits, some flight dynamics) are present all around. It's what i wish to see, people thinking about what the real value of a payware jet is and how much they can do to help the developers make it better.

I know it seems a little backwards in logic, but x-plane has so much potential to be THAT much better, so I'm trying to get the general public to engage themselves in this process.

Mikey you know you are full of it....just stop...its over kiddo.

Bring something to market so I can rip it apart.....please.....

I know, i'm a harsh person. but it's not that easy to change that about me, believe me, many have tried. I also feel that this criticism didn't offend or insult anyone, and that disclaimer is merely there because people think that i'm trying to attack someone by doing this. This post just listed the errors with the plane, It didn't attack the developers, it didn't insult anyone and I have clearly stated time and time again that once a plane is updated to my liking, that i would purchase it.

Mr. CTRL+C , we are not about don't care or like ! it just about you have not to care and like.

a Good reviewers says all not good and all is good ! No only isnot good ! it is called impartiality ! or some like that in english ! Like FT56 that gave me his comments and off sure he has it credibility to do that ! Credibility we constroi it we not take it by power !

you are a lock guy ! nothing happened whith you at this moments , good XP guys are loosing it time with you !

WOW you are like a Jack Sparow in XP. very famous ! was that you wanted.

Mr. CTRL+C , we are not about don't care or like ! it just about you have not to care and like.

a Good reviewers says all not good and all is good ! No only isnot good ! it is called impartiality ! or some like that in english ! Like FT56 that gave me his comments and off sure he has it credibility to do that ! Credibility we constroi it we not take it by power !

you are a lock guy ! nothing happened whith you at this moments , good XP guys are loosing it time with you !

WOW you are like a Jack Sparow in XP. very famous ! was that you wanted.

DUDE you guys have so much praise coming to you already! does it really matter if one person decides to highlight the other side? FT56's review was mostly positive, and it overlooked a lot of areas. It does highlight what is good but it misses what is not right. Credibility doesn't make you right yet.

• Upvote 1

Mikey you know you are full of it....just stop...its over kiddo.

Bring something to market so I can rip it apart.....please.....

Don't worry, you're first on my list to receive criticisms from, as long as you follow mine, you tell the problem and also list what should be changed to make the problem correct. To be honest, i can't wait to hear.

Tell me why I should put up with a plane if it has inaccuracies?

You misunderstood, which explains quite a bit.

I.E.: If you have room to talk, build it better. ;)

The scent of your persona is pretty familiar. See:Rafael Fernandez.

Edited by Airbus

You misunderstood, which explains quite a bit.

I.E.: If you have room to talk, build it better. ;)

but wouldn't that only mean that it gets better for me? Especially since no dev wants to take help from me XD I encourage everyone to convince the original developers to make it better, because that way they can re-distribute for everyone

I think we're both of the opinion that Chang is a hack and has no credibility. If you need further clarification, I'm sorry.

I already regret the time I've spent addressing a thread started by an attention whore. Those are minutes I wish I could get back.

I wish continued success to the SSG guys.

dude, i'm not trying to crush SSG and success for them seems inevitable... does no one understand what i'm trying to say? SSG is not a bad group, but their 170 needs improvement. that's the bare bone message here. the only reason this thread even got so much attention was because someone decided to launch a personal attack

Don't worry, you're first on my list to receive criticisms from, as long as you follow mine, you tell the problem and also list what should be changed to make the problem correct. To be honest, i can't wait to hear.

<<Electrical system >>

GPU doesnot turn OFF if plane is moving, flying or anything else ! Been Fixed

GPU Turns OFF if :

Plane moves

PARK BRAKES OFF

ENGINES RUNNING

>> ENGINES <<

problem : engines starts with pumps OFF - been fixed

Now

Engines start only if DC or AC PUMP ON - no FF on engines.

<<APU>>

problem : APU starts with no DC pumps. been fixed

Now

APU doesnot START if DC pump off ! no FF on APU

fixed landing crazy concerns in XP10

working

for Version 2 and E-190 release

post-7184-0-18027600-1348699635_thumb.jp

post-7184-0-08806800-1348699648_thumb.jp

post-7184-0-16030500-1348699663_thumb.jp

I think we're both of the opinion that Chang is a hack and has no credibility. If you need further clarification, I'm sorry.

I already regret the time I've spent addressing a thread started by an attention whore. Those are minutes I wish I could get back.

I wish continued success to the SSG guys.

LOL yeah what I could do with that time.....

<<Electrical system >>

GPU doesnot turn OFF if plane is moving, flying or anything else ! Been Fixed

GPU Turns OFF if :

Plane moves

PARK BRAKES OFF

ENGINES RUNNING

>> ENGINES <<

problem : engines starts with pumps OFF - been fixed

Now

Engines start only if DC or AC PUMP ON - no FF on engines.

<<APU>>

problem : APU starts with no DC pumps. been fixed

Now

APU doesnot START if DC pump off ! no FF on APU

fixed landing crazy concerns in XP10

working

for Version 2 and E-190 release

post-7184-0-18027600-1348699635_thumb.jp

post-7184-0-08806800-1348699648_thumb.jp

post-7184-0-16030500-1348699663_thumb.jp

Looks good so far, be sure to compare to real photos, best photos are often taken by yourself so you know what the angle of your lens is, also, i'd suggest merging the wing box fairing with the actual fuselage, it isn't easy, but the end result is a lot better.