Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

Quite astonishing given that you're releasing this for free and yet Heinz is selling his extremely poorly modeled 787 for $24.99... 

Even if your 787 is a conversion, it still seems crazy that some developers pass off such low quality work at such high prices.

2uzfl3t.jpg

• Upvote 2

...it still seems crazy that some developers pass off such low quality work at such high prices.

An open market is a beautiful thing...

A developer, any developer, can "pass off" anything he pleases as no one is being forced at gunpoint to buy it.  Once there is competition for the item, potential buyers are offered another choice.  If the first developer wishes to survive, he will need to improve his product.  If not, the better product will prevail.  And it's not all about price either.  More often than not, though, you get what you pay for.

However, if one developer chooses to give away his work for free, that does not imply or suggest that other(s) need(s) to do the same.

The final choice is left to those who choose to buy it (for free or a price).

Edited by sqrt(-1)

An open market is a beautiful thing...

A developer, any developer, can "pass off" anything he pleases as no one is being forced at gunpoint to buy it.  Once there is competition for the item, potential buyers are offered another choice.  If the first developer wishes to survive, he will need to improve his product.  If not, the better product will prevail.  And it's not all about price either.  More often than not, though, you get what you pay for.

However, if one developer chooses to give away his work for free, that does not imply or suggest that other(s) need(s) to do the same.

The final choice is left to those who choose to buy it (for free or a price).

I'm not disagreeing with you by any means as I'm well aware of the way an open market works. I do believe though that it's important that we're allowed to voice our opinion and scrutinize a product if the developer has decided to place it for sale. Again, it's quite obvious that Heinz will need some drastic improvements to stay up to mar with the current X-Plane market, I'm simply stating that there is a moral limit when what you sell to people is quite utterly poor work.

This isn't the place to have an argument on Heinz's marketing and sales techniques, but as aforementioned, the fact that one developer (well within his right) decidedes to release an unfinished plane for $25 seems a bit ridiculous. Once again, I understand that he has the ability to choose the price at which to sell his airplane, I'm just giving my 2 cents from a consumer's perspective. 

I'm not disagreeing with you by any means as I'm well aware of the way an open market works. I do believe though that it's important that we're allowed to voice our opinion and scrutinize a product if the developer has decided to place it for sale. Again, it's quite obvious that Heinz will need some drastic improvements to stay up to mar with the current X-Plane market, I'm simply stating that there is a moral limit when what you sell to people is quite utterly poor work.

This isn't the place to have an argument on Heinz's marketing and sales techniques, but as aforementioned, the fact that one developer (well within his right) decidedes to release an unfinished plane for $25 seems a bit ridiculous. Once again, I understand that he has the ability to choose the price at which to sell his airplane, I'm just giving my 2 cents from a consumer's perspective. 

No argument, just my perspective.

Your 2 cents was well spent. ;)