Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

Darkened the shadows on the pedestal, about to do the glare shield.WIPFSXP0.pngWIPFSXP1.png

2 things that need to be discussed,

1. Due to mounting exams and work at school, the release date is being pushed to August 2014, please bear with me because it's hard to work at this time

2. Would you guys be okay with this plane becoming exclusively V10? because it's running a lot better in V10 than it is in V9

• Upvote 5

Darkened the shadows on the pedestal, about to do the glare shield.WIPFSXP0.pngWIPFSXP1.png

2 things that need to be discussed,

1. Due to mounting exams and work at school, the release date is being pushed to August 2014, please bear with me because it's hard to work at this time

2. Would you guys be okay with this plane becoming exclusively V10? because it's running a lot better in V10 than it is in V9

FINALLY!!!! You've made the switch over.  :)

Just keep it in V10, it will make development much easier and allow for a better finished product. Support for V9 will end up being dropped at some point in the future anyway, may as well make it now before you put too much more effort in.

• Upvote 2

I have an iMac 27 inch running XP9 and XP10. I can run XP9 on full settings and it looks amazing. For some reason XP10 runs a lot worse. If i have it at medium settings I get under 30 fps. I do not know what monster computers you have that you can run XP10, because mine looks a lot worse then XP9.

So please make an XP9 version for all the people that only have XP9 (which are a lot) and everyone that did not spend 4k for a NASA like supercomputer. 

I have an iMac 27 inch running XP9 and XP10. I can run XP9 on full settings and it looks amazing. For some reason XP10 runs a lot worse. If i have it at medium settings I get under 30 fps. I do not know what monster computers you have that you can run XP10, because mine looks a lot worse then XP9.

So please make an XP9 version for all the people that only have XP9 (which are a lot) and everyone that did not spend 4k for a NASA like supercomputer. 

my comp is a macbook pro 2012...

Yes, I know but I'm just saying that i would prefer a XP9 version. As far as I know you developed the aircraft for XP9 in the first place so I don't understand why you want to make it XP10 exclusive now. 

Because it is easier and so that he can concentrate more, therefor making the plane better. I also have a macbook pro and it runs X-Plane 10 really well!

Because it is easier and so that he can concentrate more, therefor making the plane better. I also have a macbook pro and it runs X-Plane 10 really well!

Ok it seems like it's a problem on my part and I have to look into it.

Keep up the great work!

plus v9 won't be supported for very long and i can imagine all of us have either windows, mac, or linux computers that can run v10 without lag

plus v9 won't be supported for very long and i can imagine all of us have either windows, mac, or linux computers that can run v10 without lag

all of us? in my situation...where society is so achievement-centered...having a computer that could run X-Plane 10 at enjoyable rendering settings...would be beyond miracle.

I hope this jet would stay v9 compatible.

all of us? in my situation...where society is so achievement-centered...having a computer that could run X-Plane 10 at enjoyable rendering settings...would be beyond miracle.

I hope this jet would stay v9 compatible.

:D  I have the same problem as you, thanks for keeping it to v9. I respect your future desicion though

Quick question, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked before but will -8 and the -9 both be released in the fall or will the -8 be released first and the -9 sometime in the winter?

Cheers, 

-Chuck2

the 787-9 will have to wait until i can obtain an FCOM, because until then, i can't guarantee that the flight model is as close as i can make it, also, the FCOM would indicate any changes to the design that I overlooked