Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

now at first glance this may not look like much, but that little V2 bug is a first for non-plugin controlled jets. Basically, that V2 bug moves around with weight and flap and tells you what your ideal V2 will be, V1, VR and flap raise/lower bugs will also be present in the final jet. 

Basically, those bugs are created after you enter your preferred values in the FMC, but since that's very hard to code, the FMC will automatically extrapolate V1, V2, VR and flap up values using the weight data given to the computer by the sim. The FMC WILL however, be able to change between landing, takeoff and cruise modes with basic functions such as warning about improper configuration and dangerous manoevers in each mode, as well as to some extent keep the plane in a safe flight envelope.

post-8539-0-46456600-1387684707_thumb.pn

Edited by Michael_Chang

WOW okay, sorry I've been quiet lately, I was just caught in the midst of a horrible freezing rain storm which took out my power and wifi for the last few days (it also destroyed my piano via frost damage)... I worked on some LIT cockpit textures over that time, and they still need a bit of work, but this gives a general idea of what the cockpit will look like when finished

post-8539-0-46238000-1388192717_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-52772200-1388192727_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-29786100-1388192737_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-00660700-1388192747_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-83562500-1388192757_thumb.pn

• Upvote 2

Haven't been on X-Pilot in a while, looks like I missed a lot... What liveries are planned? I'm drooling just looking at the screenshots.

as i've mentioned before, the plane is a "one paint per package" system like peter's a380s, and it'll feature custom cabin detailing and different seat, window and mesh configurations designed specifically for each model.

as i've mentioned before, the plane is a "one paint per package" system like peter's a380s, and it'll feature custom cabin detailing and different seat, window and mesh configurations designed specifically for each model.

I personally prefer a one aircraft but with different liveries to have the possibility to change liveries also during flight and to mantain a clearer folder organization...but it's all up to you! Your work seems very nice!!!

Sent from Tapatalk

I personally prefer a one aircraft but with different liveries to have the possibility to change liveries also during flight and to mantain a clearer folder organization...but it's all up to you! Your work seems very nice!!!

Sent from Tapatalk

believe me, we considered this, but given the fact that this plane has a cabin, we felt it'd be cool if we created each cabin for each airline, more immersive, but yes, a bit more restrictive if you like changing liveries on the fly.

While this may seem like a "duh" question...Will each aircraft cabin be "true to life" to the real one for that airline? By your wording, I would assume yes, but I just want to make sure! Great work and I can't wait to try it out!

Cheers!

-Chuck2