Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

Keep up the good work - you are reknown for quality, and i am certain that is what you will continue to produce. I have all the fsx heavy liners, and there are some superb examples out there - such a pity the conversion process is so difficult.

thank you for your kind words.

in all honesty, conversions aren't hard, i can do a half-decent one in a week. the hard part is making modifications to the objects, it takes time and practice. For example, if I were to create an a330 using thomas ruth's a330s, it would be relatively easy, to animate, texture and build flight models for each plane, i'd say, 3-4 days per plane. However, if I were to say, create new gears, edit the engine mesh, and create full cabins and VCs for the planes, it would take, perhaps 3-4 months per plane. That is assuming, however, that I work several hours a day.

thank you for your kind words.

in all honesty, conversions aren't hard, i can do a half-decent one in a week. the hard part is making modifications to the objects, it takes time and practice. For example, if I were to create an a330 using thomas ruth's a330s, it would be relatively easy, to animate, texture and build flight models for each plane, i'd say, 3-4 days per plane. However, if I were to say, create new gears, edit the engine mesh, and create full cabins and VCs for the planes, it would take, perhaps 3-4 months per plane. That is assuming, however, that I work several hours a day.

And the XPP team is still not done converting them... <_<  Bunch of slow pocks...

XPP team has other factors, they have their real lives to handle. The XPP team has done converting their planes already.

Yeah...if you forget the MRTT and A340-200, and its been 6 months since there release and there still no livery's to be seen from them (last I saw they will only give us the livery's this summer!).

And the XPP team is still not done converting them... <_<  Bunch of slow pocks...

They're done... I don't blame them, taking on a set of planes like the a330/340 family is tough, especially when you planned to do VC work. I've seen the VCs that come with them, they're tough stuff. The XPP team did good, considering it was their first project.

while away from the plane, i've been working out lighting systems, i already know how i'm going to bake on lights, but i'm still trying to work out exactly how the flood lights of the plane will look. normally, there are only lights emitting from the autopilot panel and text, but i'm uncertain about the affects of flood lights from the ceiling and their effect on the lighting. If anyone can supply me with information about the lights on the 787, it would be much appreciated, particularly, the location in the cockpit and their angle

my mistake, i meant a NEW computer, macbook pro 15 inch high-end model :)

Lucky ;) And to whoever said that XPP are "slow pokes," i've got some news for you. They are working their asses off to bring you planes FOR FREE in their own time. So if you don't like waiting, go make your own stuff. 

Lucky ;) And to whoever said that XPP are "slow pokes," i've got some news for you. They are working their asses off to bring you planes FOR FREE in their own time. So if you don't like waiting, go make your own stuff. 

As usual your so nice rjmf22...