Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

787 has been delayed indefinitely. i've come to realize that I REALLY hate how the interior walls look at the moment, i'll be taking a lot of time to re-design parts of the plane. the next few months will be dedicated to re-mapping the entire 787 interior to make the textures look many times nicer. Sorry guys, i just can't stand the current state of the interior, the plane will be getting new overhead bins that will blend more smoothly, new textures for all the walls and washrooms, new galley textures and a lot of polygon reduction. The release should still be between december-march, if not, then it could be as late as june-july

787 has been delayed indefinitely. i've come to realize that I REALLY hate how the interior walls look at the moment, i'll be taking a lot of time to re-design parts of the plane. the next few months will be dedicated to re-mapping the entire 787 interior to make the textures look many times nicer. Sorry guys, i just can't stand the current state of the interior, the plane will be getting new overhead bins that will blend more smoothly, new textures for all the walls and washrooms, new galley textures and a lot of polygon reduction. The release should still be between december-march, if not, then it could be as late as june-july

Disappointment to hear... But I believe that is the right choice! The cabin looked sloppy at areas and needs some more work. Good luck with the updates!

Okay, i've started the updating process, main changes so far, new door textures and objects (+100 polygons) newly re-configured OH bins, with a simpler, smoother design (-260 polygons) and updated window frames. Next, i have to update the lavatory walls to higher definition, upgrade the flight attendant seat area and add a few more shadows. first ANA cabin, should be done in a few weeks, then, i will update the Ethiopian Cabin, then the Qatar Cabin, then the JAL cabin, then the UAL cabin, and hopefully, i'll get the LAN seats in soon.

post-8539-0-27773700-1354246515_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-52430100-1354246525_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-09115700-1354246537_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-96919500-1354246546_thumb.pn

post-8539-0-96046500-1354246557_thumb.pn

• Upvote 1

sorry jeez -_-

but at the end, it is my choice how i decide to model my planes, and if i want a re-vamped interior to match the currently being revamped exterior, then that's what i want. Sarcastic comments are not appreciated, but if you don't like the interior, you're more than welcome to not go into there.

Edited by Michael_Chang

sorry jeez -_-

but at the end, it is my choice how i decide to model my planes, and if i want a re-vamped interior to match the currently being revamped exterior, then that's what i want. Sarcastic comments are not appreciated, but if you don't like the interior, you're more than welcome to not go into there.

Ooops, I deeply regret teasing you (no - no criticism or sarcasm intended) to have you tell me do go elsewhere. You do nice work, I said that before. You may choose your way anytime.

Since I run a VA I am looking for  good aircraft to paint and fly.  If I have the choice - heck, I have it - I always choose the nices aircraft for my VA.

I would love to have your 788 in our fleet. Just give me a shout when you think it is ready. And do take your time to make it what you want it to be. For now I go look elsewhere and wont bother you again.

Cheers,

Mike

Are you going to do the 787-9 too?

Not yet, because the 787-9 has not yet been finalized (finalized meaning put into physical production and flight testing). I don't want to start working on it now, because i run the risk of missing the details, for example, given the extension in the fuselage, it seems logical that the -9 will have a larger landing gear, which would call for a modified strut system to support the larger size

for y'all :D , this is the first portion of the update to the 787 family, a brand new exterior. The plane's exterior definition is now the highest in X-plane for freeware Heavies (as far as i know), which is quite exciting! If i'm right, it also falls in the top 5 for definition of all heavy aircrafts (payware or freeware). At the moment, the textures are slightly higher in definition than the 777-200LR

post-8539-0-46233400-1354505874_thumb.pn

• Upvote 3

I found a bunch of info about the 787 on Wikipedia. You were right about the 787-9 because there is still not enough info about the -9. The -9's delivery will start in 2014 which is a long time from now. But keep up with the good work :)

As it were, wikipedia is the last place i'd check -_-, i know, once the new 787 rolls out, that for the most, things like engine specs will be similar (perhaps uprated a bit), otherwise, i'd use the FCOM to re-design the plane

Are you going to make a menu like the 777-200LR has were you can call the ground service and go to certain view like the overhead pannel?

I also found the worst payware aircraft ever(it might not be the worst to you but it in another flight sim FSX)

Unfortunately, i don't know how to do that, so no.

Are you going to make a menu like the 777-200LR has were you can call the ground service and go to certain view like the overhead pannel?

I also found the worst payware aircraft ever(it might not be the worst to you but it in another flight sim FSX)

I was a user of FSX and I know for sure that this is probably the worst add on for $30.