Freeware 787-8 project

Michael_Chang

Also they grounded the 787's for failures. :o

They [the FAA] grounded them for lithium-ion battery issues.  Most here are likely too young to remember, but the 747 had teething problems as well when it was new back in the late sixties.  Now it has earned quite a following.

Any aircraft that is as radically new as the 787 is going to have some issues.  I have every confidence that Boeing will sort them all out without major incident.

That is so, sad, I have been trying to follow this thread as much as I can, but for some weird reason, I am not getting notifications.

I hope the project will get back on track soon, knowing you, I don't think people know how hard you are working. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"All good things must come to an end." 

Shortly, we will be abandoning the 787 project, due to the evident time issues and insufficient equipment to work with. We apologize for this, however it has become evident that working in these conditions is just too hard.

the proposed projects would be developed if the equipment and time constraints were lifted"

It is with great sadness that the rest of the team abandoned the very well expected release of the add-on.

*Note*
Beta testers of the 787 are NOT allowed to redistribute the 787 under any circumstances, tolerance is not given if the boat is rocked.

Michael Chang, Peter Tram, Matthew Huerta-developers of FSXP

"All good things must come to an end." 

Shortly, we will be abandoning the 787 project, due to the evident time issues and insufficient equipment to work with. We apologize for this, however it has become evident that working in these conditions is just too hard.

the proposed projects would be developed if the equipment and time constraints were lifted"

It is with great sadness that the rest of the team abandoned the very well expected release of the add-on.

*Note*

Beta testers of the 787 are NOT allowed to redistribute the 787 under any circumstances, tolerance is not given if the boat is rocked.

Michael Chang, Peter Tram, Matthew Huerta-developers of FSXP

Come on, it's definitively an April fool!  :lol:

Come on, it's definitively an April fool!  :lol:

I'm really hoping so. Michael Chang's profile says he lives in Toronto, but I hope the reason it was posted "early" (on their FB page first) is that it was already April 1 where some of the other FSXP developers live. Considering there are announcements today that Aerobridge and even X-Plane itself are stopping further development...

(All we need to complete the heart attack now, is chris k announcing he's cancelling development of the Toronto airport and scenery...)

I'm really hoping so. Michael Chang's profile says he lives in Toronto, but I hope the reason it was posted "early" (on their FB page first) is that it was already April 1 where some of the other FSXP developers live. Considering there are announcements today that Aerobridge and even X-Plane itself are stopping further development...

(All we need to complete the heart attack now, is chris k announcing he's cancelling development of the Toronto airport and scenery...)

No wait, he WILL STOP DEVELOPING TORONTO SCENERY!?

I must say... every passing day, I long to once again model the points of my 787. The building process of the plane truly was a wonderful hobby. Understand however, that we continue to push forward right now, even though we are literally trying to bulldoze a cliff. Inch by inch, we will break through, and before you know it, we'll be back in business, working harder than ever to bring you all a nice freeware jet.