Hi, this is my first post. I have searched for an answer but can't find one in here. When I start the engines on the dc-3 in x-plane 10 the oil pressure goes straight up to 85 psi at idle throttle. The only way I can take off is by getting the pressure to well over 100 psi. The manual says that you should wait till the pressure has increased to 40 before increasing rpm's. I have followed the checklist and can only conclude that there is a problem with the software. Perhaps there is an update that I'm not aware of. I did look for one but I couldn't find one.

I would appreciate any help in this matter. I do really enjoying flying this but this problem does kill the emersion a bit.

Many thanks.

Gquann

I'm assuming you are talking about X Plane 10.

I just checked it, and you are correct, the oil psi is far too high, even at idle. Even when adjusting numbers in Planemaker, it makes no difference. IIRC, this worked properly in the testing in an earlier version of X Plane 10.

However, I also checked it in X Plane 9, and it is working correctly. At idle, it just gets over the 40psi mark.

The only thing I can think of is that it is an X Plane 10 issue. I COULD be wrong, and I will try several other things to see what is going on before I settle on a solution.

Edited by Goran_M

I'm assuming you are talking about X Plane 10.

I just checked it, and you are correct, the oil psi is far too high, even at idle. Even when adjusting numbers in Planemaker, it makes no difference. IIRC, this worked properly in the testing in an earlier version of X Plane 10.

However, I also checked it in X Plane 9, and it is working correctly. At idle, it just gets over the 40psi mark.

The only thing I can think of is that it is an X Plane 10 issue. I COULD be wrong, and I will try several other things to see what is going on before I settle on a solution.

Yes I'm talking about X-Plane 10. I noticed another little problem also. The elevator trim marker comes up past it's boundary into mid air. I've added a screenshot.

Thanks for your reply.

post-8473-0-47051800-1345138072_thumb.jp

Yes I'm talking about X-Plane 10. I noticed another little problem also. The elevator trim marker comes up past it's boundary into mid air. I've added a screenshot.

Thanks for your reply.

post-8473-0-47051800-1345138072_thumb.jp

As Nicola said, as the updates come out, strange things may sometimes start to happen.

Trim Indicator is a known issue and will be fixed for the next update.

Thanks for your replies. Looks like you were right. I discovered that the oil pressure is high on other planes as well so it looks like it is an xp10 issue.

Where do I go to get the updates for tg dc-3? I'm new to this forum.

Thanks for your input as well Nicola.

You're welcome. I read this only just recently when Chip n Simon recapped on the progress of xp10 so far, and about things not working in one revision, yet worked in the one before.

For all the progress they've made with xp10 they're still ironing out bugs, so things suddenly not working right is probably more down to the version of xp10 than on the aircraft you're using.

It's unfortunately the downside to using xp10, which is still really in its early days. xp9 only really became stable from something like v9.22 or v9.5-something, and even then they were still working on it right up to 9.70.

You're welcome. I read this only just recently when Chip n Simon recapped on the progress of xp10 so far, and about things not working in one revision, yet worked in the one before.

For all the progress they've made with xp10 they're still ironing out bugs, so things suddenly not working right is probably more down to the version of xp10 than on the aircraft you're using.

It's unfortunately the downside to using xp10, which is still really in its early days. xp9 only really became stable from something like v9.22 or v9.5-something, and even then they were still working on it right up to 9.70.

I'm actually new to X-plane and I went for the version 10 when it was released in England. I was using FSX which was just a headache most of the time working stuff out. After Microsoft stopped developing a flight sim I decided it was time to move to X-plane. Actually I have it on my android and then I got it for pc. Even with all the bug I'm enjoying X-plane so much and am really impressed with what they've done so far. The flight model feels pretty good even though I'm not a real pilot. You are actually the very first woman I've seen on the forums. Are you a real pilot?

Sorry if I'm a little off topic. I'm also very impressed with the DC-3. :)

Just got done with a rather large correspondence with Austin about the oil pressure.

The oil pressure system for XP10 has been changed from XP9. There is a setting that needs to be adjusted (which I have now done and is ready for the upcoming update.)

This explains all the other aircraft brought over from XP9 to XP10 exhibiting the same behaviour. They are all working on the old oil pressure system and have not been modified to the new system.

If you like, I can outline a set of steps to correct it yourself.

Let me know if this is an option for you or if you would rather wait for the update.

Goran

Just got done with a rather large correspondence with Austin about the oil pressure.

The oil pressure system for XP10 has been changed from XP9. There is a setting that needs to be adjusted (which I have now done and is ready for the upcoming update.)

This explains all the other aircraft brought over from XP9 to XP10 exhibiting the same behaviour. They are all working on the old oil pressure system and have not been modified to the new system.

If you like, I can outline a set of steps to correct it yourself.

Let me know if this is an option for you or if you would rather wait for the update.

Goran

Ok that would explain things. If you've got time that would be great if you could outline the steps to correct the problem. I have a little experience with plane maker although never completed a plane with it.

Thanks alot :)

Thanks for the info. It's working great now. I'm very impressed in the speed of your replies. I'm not used to companies being so quick. I'll be keeping track of products you are bringing out in the future.

Thanks again.

I thought it happened only with the DC-3 but then, I saw that it also happened with other airplanes, like the Carenado ones. It's something important and It should have effect in flight because real pilots use to take care about oil pressure.

I thought it happened only with the DC-3 but then, I saw that it also happened with other airplanes, like the Carenado ones. It's something important and It should have effect in flight because real pilots use to take care about oil pressure.

You are correct except for one thing. The "nominal pressure" in XP10 used to be "max pressure" in previous x plane versions. There is no problem in flight when this nominal pressure is set to a high number because you are effectively telling X Plane that the nominal pressure is whatever is entered. However, if the nominal pressure in Planemaker was set at, for example, 40psi, and the gauge reading in X Plane was 180psi or above, then there would be a problem that will present itself in the sim because the actual reading on the gauge is way above the nominal pressure that was set in Planemaker.

Theoretically, you could set the nominal oil pressure in Planemaker at 1000psi for any aircraft and there would be absolutely no problems presented in the sim itself unless the gauge reading for the oil pressure far exceeded this figure.

Edited by Goran_M

You are correct except for one thing. The "nominal pressure" in XP10 used to be "max pressure" in previous x plane versions. There is no problem in flight when this nominal pressure is set to a high number because you are effectively telling X Plane that the nominal pressure is whatever is entered. However, if the nominal pressure in Planemaker was set at, for example, 40psi, and the gauge reading in X Plane was 180psi or above, then there would be a problem that will present itself in the sim because the actual reading on the gauge is way above the nominal pressure that was set in Planemaker.

Theoretically, you could set the nominal oil pressure in Planemaker at 1000psi for any aircraft and there would be absolutely no problems presented in the sim itself unless the gauge reading for the oil pressure far exceeded this figure.

Hi, I'm just wondering if you can explain what "nominal oil pressure" means in plane maker? I have search the internet and even the plane maker manual and it doesn't seem to explain the oil pressure.

Thanks.

Thanks Goran. I understand what the term means but I'm unclear what effect it has in plane maker. Is it telling x-plane that this is the nominal pressure for that aircraft? Was this not in plane maker for x-plane 9? Just trying to understand it.

Thanks,

Gquann

Thanks Goran. I understand what the term means but I'm unclear what effect it has in plane maker. Is it telling x-plane that this is the nominal pressure for that aircraft? Was this not in plane maker for x-plane 9? Just trying to understand it.

Thanks,

Gquann

Just as Goran said in post 16, this was not present in X-Plane 9. Whatever aircraft you have open in Plane Maker the value only relates to that specific aircraft.

If you want to learn more about why the change occurred from version 9 to 10 I'm positive Austin Meyer @ Laminar would be happy to explain why he made the change.

• 2 months later...

We're still working on the update. The main hurdle is auto lean and auto rich. Except for that, most of the fixes have been done.

Keep checking back here for news on the update.

Hi, I was just wondering if there is any news on the progress of the update for the DC-3? Are you waiting for a later update of X-Plane?

Best regards.

• 7 months later...

Hello X-Aviation,

I hope all of you are doing well.

I've been wondering when the update is coming out for the DC-3? I've been waiting very patiently for the past 8 months and haven't heard anything about it.

With anticipation,

Gquann.

Hello X-Aviation,

I hope all of you are doing well.

I've been wondering when the update is coming out for the DC-3? I've been waiting very patiently for the past 8 months and haven't heard anything about it.

With anticipation,

Gquann.

We're doing rolling releases at the moment to ensure we don't overdo our support levels and to make sure no outstanding bugs are present in recent updates. The last two weeks have consisted of the C400 and MU2, and I'm sure we'll see the DC-3 soon.

• Upvote 4