Boeing 747-200

Goran_M

I can just imagine the features list... "Working throttle, properly spelled labels, and correctly positioned levers. Welcome to unparalleled heights of quadrant simulation." Seriously though, you keep me hopeful on the future of aircraft simulation.

;D Thats brilliant!

I can just imagine the features list... "Working throttle, properly spelled labels, and correctly positioned levers. Welcome to unparalleled heights of quadrant simulation." Seriously though, you keep me hopeful on the future of aircraft simulation.

;D Thats brilliant!

Hmm we should direct a link to this post on the org shoutbox

;D

No, I deliberately have not started the flight model as I knew there would be more and more updates to x plane itself.  I wanted to build a flight model for the most recent x plane version and that can only be done when the 3d model is nearly finished.

Should have rephrased.  The most recent version of x plane at the time of the 747 being nearly finished.

Goran will you be offering the extended upper deck with this aircraft which is a retrofit offered by boeing?

Too early to tell.  It's possible we might but to be honest, I just don't know.  If you had to nail me down and get an answer out of me, I would say it's 50/50 that I'll add it.  It depends what's involved in texturing another fuselage. 

If I do end up adding it, I'll let you know when we have the original one textured.

• 2 weeks later...

As all of you might know (I blab alot) I recently sat on a B743 and considering the two planes are somewhat similar I noticed that after one notch of flaps the flap tracks go to a fixed deployed position and then dont move at all. I guess that is something that happens when you have triple fowler flaps (which are awesome). Are you aware of this and if you like i made many videos of the flight although they are not hi-res.

• 2 weeks later...

As all of you might know (I blab alot) I recently sat on a B743 and considering the two planes are somewhat similar I noticed that after one notch of flaps the flap tracks go to a fixed deployed position and then dont move at all. I guess that is something that happens when you have triple fowler flaps (which are awesome). Are you aware of this and if you like i made many videos of the flight although they are not hi-res.

Sorry for the very late reply.  I just didn't see it.

Anything we are not aware of, we will be aware of as time passes.  I have a retired 747-200 Flight Engineer who is going to help me with testing and he has already given me quite a bit of info.  When the 747 is ready to start test flying, he'll be pointing out any mistakes and refinements that are needed.

The flaps are going to be a nightmare along with the landing gear.  Getting it all to work properly will be quite a lot of work.  Hopefully it won't take me too long to get it all moving smoothly.