Boeing 747-200

Goran_M

I'm one of those guys that prefers to do something properly.  Nothing against bump mapping, but if it has rivets, I would rather model them.  However, I added rivets to the Saab, and it was 40 000 extra faces!!??  So I'm being swayed more to the bump mapping.  I do like the illusion of bump mapping though and the Saab will have bump mapping.  And I can safely say, so will the 747.

Goran

Looking really nice!  Can't wait to see the cockpit shots.

edit: Noticed there are mounts for wipers.  Will the 747-200 feature moving wipers, visible from inside and outside the cockpit?  That's a killer feature IMHO, not sure if they can actually clear the windscreen of rain, but how amazing it would be even to just see moving wipers!  Little things like that really add to the level of immersion.

Noticed there are mounts for wipers.  Will the 747-200 feature moving wipers, visible from inside and outside the cockpit?  That's a killer feature IMHO, not sure if they can actually clear the windscreen of rain, but how amazing it would be even to just see moving wipers!  Little things like that really add to the level of immersion.

:D

And yes, it is possible to model the rain being cleared by the wipers.

Animated textures are used do draw the 2D panel and rain effects in 2D view. Javier has mentioned using rain effects and wipers to clear them on his CRJ (don't remember where I saw it) and I suspect he will likely use the animated rain texture. If I am wrong about this, please correct me. I have been curious about creating rain effects for a long time...

So it is doable

Some modifiers will be applied.  They remain un-applied" to make it easier for UV mapping.

Anyway, panels are making progress.  Engineers panel is finished.  Overhead panel is 90% finished.  I'll probably go back over them to make sure everything is just right.

And....some fun with Yafaray...

yafaray20091215234941.th.png

yafaray20091215235547.th.png

yafaray20091216001131.th.png

yafaray20091215234657.th.png