Linux & Windows installed together?

inktomi

Hello -

I'd like to give XPlane in Linux a try, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the installer to realize that I've already installed the whole world's scenery, and that I just need the bits that are different for linux vs windows.

Is this possible to do? Or do I really need to have two different installs with a bunch of simlinks for the scenery going from the linux install to the windows install?

Thanks

I've installed x-plane (linux) to a NTFS partition, installed all the sceneries

Rebooted to windows, downloaded the updater(!) and there I choosen the x-plane forder where I installed previously.

The updater recognized it's an xplane folder, but all the exe/dll files are missing -> downloaded -> it's ready for flying :)

Should work the other way too.

The problem is that on linux the updater/installer that they have on the x-plane.com site doesn't detect that I have X-Plane installed on my NTFS drive.

When I tell it that I want to use the same location and install... I get an "X-Plane Already Exists" error.

I'm thinking I'm missing some flag on my system or something.

Anyway, afaik the win and linux xplane are almost equal, excelpt the root xplane folders content.

Make a backup, then download the linux demo and copy all files (but not the directories!) from there to windows version xplane. Also copy Resources/plugins/*.so files to win version.

After that, run installer/updater on both win and linux. It should recognize from there.