Hello,

First I must say that I really enjoy flying the DC-3, especially in FSeconomy, but there is some problem with the ADF:

Right after starting up X-plane and selecting the DC-3, the ADF needles work with tuned frequencies in range. But if you just turn off and on again the ADF switch, or change the freq. they stop working until you restart X-Plane (sometimes even this doesnt help, almost randomly).

Hope you can help with that,

Etrich

• 3 months later...

This is a known bug that has been fixed and is scheduled for the update.

Goran

Hi Goran and team,

Just flew the DC-3 for the first time this week..love it.

But, the ADF issue appears to still be problematic. Did the most recent download have this fix, or are there workarounds?

Also, I assume no ILS approaches are possible? As such, makes the lack of ADF super problematic :)

Thanks

Bill

The update has not been released yet.

I was just talking to Cameron about the update not more than an hour or 2 ago and I am going through what needs to be done.

We're trying to juggle a few balls at the moment and the DC-3 update is one of the things at the top of our list.

The only workaround I can suggest at the moment is to start the DC-3 with engines running and all avionics running.

We will post details on the update very soon, when we have a more stable plan of events laid out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not yet.

It'll be out soon after the Saab.

The Saab 340 ? Oh come on ! This one is a brand new plane and people can wait one week more while you fix the DC3 ! We are already customers, we paid the fantastic DC3 and there is just this small bug with ADF, that is really annoying for long flight :-(   (1) (2)

Manu

(1) I mean, i can not do VFR on a 24/7 basis

(2) ok, i'm maybe the only one doing IFR with DC3 ! 

The DC-3 is getting Auto lean and Auto Rich put into it.

I discussed it with Cameron the other day and I'm waiting for Theo to get back (He's gone away for a few days) so we can put out an interim update that fixes the ADF and then we'll put out another update that takes care of Auto Lean and Auto Rich.

• 1 year later...