• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
8 hours ago, bayareaaviation said:

We’re coming up on a decade since this project was initially announced and a year since the last update.. realistically is this plane ever going to see the light of day? 

Thanks for reminding me how old I am.  :(

A lot has happened in the last decade. It's no secret that Jim, who was coding the Citation, was hired by Laminar soon after the Saab was done.  It's a guaranteed income working on X-Plane.  I don't know any developer who would say no to that.  I decided to work on a new version of the C23, DC3, (including the mobile version), Saab 340 and get up to speed on PBR workflows, which included learning how to UV map and texture 3D mesh.  Prior to the Saab, I had no clue how to do this.  And then the TBM 900 project fell on my "virtual desk" at the beginning of 2018.  

Back then, when we were working on the Citation, we didn't think demand for the Saab would be what it is.  There is an overwhelming response to get it upgraded to XP11+ standards.  

So, to cut it short, will it be finished?  We want it to be finished, and we plan to get it finished.  But it all depends on Jim's and my schedules.  I still have 3D model and textures.  

ETA?  We stopped giving out ETA's a few years ago.  Simply because when we do, they always backfire on us.  

However, I'm hoping that in the meantime, the CL650 I'm working on will give the bizjet fans their bizjet fix.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Thanks for reminding me how old I am.  :(

A lot has happened in the last decade. It's no secret that Jim, who was coding the Citation, was hired by Laminar soon after the Saab was done.  It's a guaranteed income working on X-Plane.  I don't know any developer who would say no to that.  I decided to work on a new version of the C23, DC3, (including the mobile version), Saab 340 and get up to speed on PBR workflows, which included learning how to UV map and texture 3D mesh.  Prior to the Saab, I had no clue how to do this.  And then the TBM 900 project fell on my "virtual desk" at the beginning of 2018.  

Back then, when we were working on the Citation, we didn't think demand for the Saab would be what it is.  There is an overwhelming response to get it upgraded to XP11+ standards.  

So, to cut it short, will it be finished?  We want it to be finished, and we plan to get it finished.  But it all depends on Jim's and my schedules.  I still have 3D model and textures.  

ETA?  We stopped giving out ETA's a few years ago.  Simply because when we do, they always backfire on us.  

However, I'm hoping that in the meantime, the CL650 I'm working on will give the bizjet fans their bizjet fix.

Thanks for your transparency, after experiencing the good old Saab always looking forward to whatever you release next... 

• Like 1