Cessna Citation and other things.

Goran_M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I spoke with some people over at Carenado and they said they plan on converting the Citation II from FSX/P3D to X-Plane sometime later. What will your approach be to convince me to purchase your C550 over Carenados? For example, what details or features of this C550 will stand out from the rest of the other pay ware aircraft for X-Plane? It seems like your taking a lot of time with HD texturing and mapping. That might be one detail.

So I spoke with some people over at Carenado and they said they plan on converting the Citation II from FSX/P3D to X-Plane sometime later. What will your approach be to convince me to purchase your C550 over Carenados? For example, what details or features of this C550 will stand out from the rest of the other pay ware aircraft for X-Plane? It seems like your taking a lot of time with HD texturing and mapping. That might be one detail.

First of all, we will never say "ours is better because of this, this and that".  

Our philosophy has, and always will be, let the work speak for itself.

Everything we do in an add on, we build on it in the next add on.

We don't really like sharing what tech we've added to our works in progress, but in saying that, if you like the Saab, and the systems accuracy we achieved in that, then you can get a pretty good idea with the accuracy and fidelity we have in store for the Citation.  And then some.

;)

Edited by Goran_M

I do not know anything about FSX/P3D Carenado's, i do run XP only.

But i can tell i do own several Carenado's for XP and while their texturing/lighting, eye candy in general is great, their system modeling, procedures and aircraft behavior are not there by a large margin :(

Eye candy wise Carenado's and LES's are on par to me. But you should get the LES Saab 340 to see what a class study sim is all about and if you already own any XP's Carenado then you can answer by yourself.

Short answer: you should wait, trust me.

• 3 weeks later...

But i can tell i do own several Carenado's for XP and while their texturing/lighting, eye candy in general is great, their system modeling, procedures and aircraft behavior are not there by a large margin :(

I'm a Citation pilot (in real life) including time in the Citation II. The list of things that were wrong with Carenado's Citation was extensive. Disappointingly so if you caught my review in PC Pilot magazine. I'm talking everything from basic stuff (turn off one generator and both gen lights failed) to advanced stuff. I don't know where they sit in their corrective measures at this point, but I am looking forward to the X-Aviation Citation in X-Plane.

BeachAV8R

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance we can see how the exterior is coming along? It seems like you guys are mostly focusing on the avionics and panel, haven't seen much of the outside.

Not just yet.  I'm adding a lot more detail (3D mesh and texture) than what was previously shown.  When I'm happy with what I have, I'll post a series of screenshots.

• Upvote 2

Hey is there a chance you sell your stuff at .org too maybe in the Future . ?

X-Aviations Support is not good .

Look if i write with Flight Factor or Jardesign they Responce in 1-2 days sometimes faster .

x-aviations Responce 2-3 weeks later thats not good .

greetings

Edited by Nitro82