AI ATC with CRJ-200

After working (I was expecting this'll gonna be no game...) for several days with the accompanied manuals I finally managed to get the CRJ-200 off the ground !

What is not realy clear for me: In the Tutorial the communications with ATC are mentioned, for example to get the Squawk Code. Can I do this conversation with the ATC that is built into X-Plane ? Or are the communications from the tutorial only fictional ?

To use ATC in X-Plane I have to file a flightplan first, but as far as I know, the CRJ flightplans are incompatible ?

Please help me in my Rookie confusion. :blink:

THANKS

What is not realy clear for me: In the Tutorial the communications with ATC are mentioned, for example to get the Squawk Code. Can I do this conversation with the ATC that is built into X-Plane ? Or are the communications from the tutorial only fictional ? To use ATC in X-Plane I have to file a flightplan first, but as far as I know, the CRJ flightplans are incompatible ? Please help me in my Rookie confusion.

No problem Otto, The answer to ATC and X-plane, depends on which version you are using. If your using verson 9.x then it's alot different from the new version 10 implementation of ATC. So if you have version 9.x look at the on line manual, and look up ATC. If you have got version 10.x the online manual is here, again look up ATC. A very good condenced Using X-Plane 10′s Air Traffic Control Tutorial can be found here. Hope it helps! :) Just remember XP10's ATC is still very much a "work-in-progress", it will eventually enable alot more "emersive simulation", it's just got to work through a few "teething troubles" first. ;)

Which is why alot of "sim pilots" believe the only way to get good ATC is with a human ATC controller.. online! See this tutorial and here.

cessna729.

But my question was specialized on the CRJ-200 tutorial that comes with the plane. Can I use the X-plane ATC with this tutorial flight from LESA to LEVC or not ? :rolleyes:

YES! you can use XP10 ATC with the tutorial, but as I said "XP10 ATC a work-in-progress", so if your lucky XP10 ATC will try and get you within 40 or so nm of your destination, then try and "Radar Vector" you arround for a visual approach, to which-ever runway it "thinks" you should be using. You also may get alot of "Your'e off course....YOUR'E OFF COURSE!" if it thinks your flying a direct route.

Sorry Otto, having re-read your original post, if you've finally just managed to get the CRJ off the ground I have to say, Aviate, Navigate, Communicate, i.e. practice alot more just flying the aircraft, then start flying a bit further to different airports without using ATC, before you finally think about turning XP10 ATC on.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729