Flaps Problem

I just installed the fantastic DC-3

I first thought that the flaps did not work but I did hear a quick "click sound"

The flaps do work but at approximately 0.3 degrees per click.

This means that I have to click the flap lever about 100 times .... not very practical.

I rebooted the machine (Win 7 -64 bit, I7 with 16g mem, Nvidia GeForce 560 with 2G ddr5) but with the same results

There is NO other software loaded on that machine besides, Xplane 10, winRar, winZip, Acrobat and a couple of xPlane utilities.

Thanks

The flaps do not have preset stops. They are continuous. If you press and HOLD the flaps actuator, they will continue to deploy until you release the actuator. You can read about the flaps and flaps indicator on page 22 of the manual. If you are using a Saitek Multi Panel to actuate your flaps (or some other hardware) you can set up the flaps to stop at preset stops. Rebooting will not do anything to help with the flaps. Let me know if you want to set up presets and I can tell you how to do it.

• Upvote 1

What Steve said.

But also, this is the way the flaps on the DC-3 operate. At least the ones in the documentation I have.

If it somehow conflicts with your hardware, you can always open up the acf file in Planemaker, go to Standard->Control Geometry->Controls and uncheck the box that says "Flaps are infintely adjustable between detents"

This will not "break" anything in the DC-3.

I have already added the degrees of flaps in the acf file for those that choose to have defined presets.

Thank you so much!

Changing the parameters in planemaker solved my issue.

I started making a BAF livrery this evening. SEE ATTACHED PIC

The front and aft doors are finished

Still need to remove the 7th window and apply some more weathering as those military birds do not seem to be "polished".

Quite of few more warning labels and mrakings to add.

Will keep you posred.

Marc

post-8262-0-31498100-1338167821_thumb.jp