Pitch Trim (bug?)

Greetings,

Was flying the venerable DC-3 today and having some pitch trim troubles. I'm using the 1.1 version (in both XP9 and 10) and have the same problem in both. The pitch trim indicator has its lower limit at about 2, and its upper limit off the scale, with the indicator showing up near the windshield. See attached pics if that doesn't make any sense. I don't think it's just visual either as I was unable to trim for straight and level flight.

Did an uninstall and re-install today and same issue.

Second, just a minor thing, when I click on the gauge light knob and drag up, the gauges brighten, drag down and the opposite. However, when I click and drag on the cockpit lighting knob, the effect is the reverse. Drag down for lights to go on, and drag up for lights to go off. Not really an issue, just thought I'd mention it and see if its a feature or a bug!

Thanks in advance!

post-608-0-03895900-1337511585_thumb.jpg

post-608-0-46991800-1337511625_thumb.jpg

With the trim, that's a weird one. No one else has reported this.

I just tried it myself and the indicator worked normally.

The only thing I can think of, unless you modified something in the acf (which I doubt) is something is corrupted in the installer.

I'll let Cameron know and he can check the installer to see if something is wrong or there may be a few steps for you to do to determine if it is system specific.

Regarding the lighting rheostats, IIRC, this is an issue within X Plane and how it reads manipulators in a 3D space.

Here is my max pitch position (also out of scale). I thought it was a common XP10 bug/feature (higher trim resolution?), as i also experience trimming "ways" are about tripple as much in XP10 than in XP9 with almost every plane (only the CRJ seems to trim exactly the same)?

Eg. Bonanza F33A needs about 270deg ailerons-trim to fly straight in XP10 (which can't be correct).

I'm running XP10.05r1 on Win7x64/8GB/GTX680 (Please let me know if you need additional infos).

post-8096-0-18143600-1337527335_thumb.jp

Edited by joga

I just checked in XP10 (I checked it in XP9 last night) and strangely enough, the indicator is moving out of range in XP10. I don't understand why, because for me, it works perfectly in XP9 and the objects are exactly the same with exactly the same animations. Weird. Joga, if what you are saying is correct, it looks like XP10 is reading at least the pitch trim dataref incorrectly. I'll look into it and if it is indeed X plane doing this, I'll send off an email to Austin,

I'll get back to you guys.

• 6 months later...