Linux: "Boxes" on the PFD

tharan

Hi,

right from the beginning I have had "boxes" on the PFD with certain VOR names. But now with version 1.4.4 these "boxes" are there all the time, even when no navaid name is displayed. Is there a trick to get rid of them?

X-Plane 10.04r3

Suse 11.4 Kernel 2.6.37 x86_64

GeForce GTS 450 / 290.10

post-4949-0-76925800-1332444175_thumb.pn

Thanks for trying. Unfortunately, I don't have this problem neither on Ubuntu nor on Suse Linux. So it might take me a while to find the root cause. This is always hard when you can't have the problem yourself.

As Javier already suggested: Have you tried with an english locale? I use english locale on all my computers, simply because I don't like most of the german translations, and if I get any error message, googling the error message in english always gets me a lot more information than googling the german message.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

I have tried different locale settings, unfortunately without any success so far.

Since I seem to be the only one with this problem, perhaps I should consider a distribution update to rule out the possibility that this is caused by a bug in a system library.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I have also this problem. (see attached image). My system is running Czech locale (cs_CZ.UTF-8). I tried to switch to en_US locale by exporting LANG and LC_ALL variables, but without any noticeable effect. Boxes are still the, when navigation source set to the NAV1 radio.

post-8363-0-16619300-1342389771_thumb.jp