Liveries of the CRJ-200

Japo32

What Liveries do you want to be seen on the final Release of the CRJ-200?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. What Liveries do you want to be seen on the final Release of the CRJ-200?

• Brit Air (France)
    • Air Canada Jazz (Canada)
    • Cimber Air (Denmark)
    • Lufthansa (Germany)
    • Air One (Italy)
    • J-AIR (Japan)
    • MexicanaLink (Mexico)
    • AirVolga (Russia)
    • British Airways (UK)
    • United (USA)
    • Delta (USA)
    • Belavia (Belarus)
    • Continental Express (USA)
    • Air Dolomiti (Italy)
    • Northwest Airlink (USA)
    • Malev Express

Thank you for the more complete answer. I was not intending to tell you what to say (and I certainly was not trying to come off as a jerk). My sense of written tone must be off today, which is probably due to being awake at 3am for the last few days. (on the plus side I do get to play with real Q400's all day)

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Joe

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have seen all reactions on the expected selling price.

The price cannot be the problem for such a quality.

X-Plane is a very cheap simulator to buy , FSX is much more expensive. ( X-Plane even runs smoother on older machines)

Paying 40 50 60 70 USD for a model is quiet usual.

There are people (many,many people) who buy a model for FSX and then buy several extra texturesets at McPhatStudios with a total worth of more than the model-add-on itself.  http://www.mcphatstudios.net

Real top-quality models may cost more and thats completely normal.

When Mercedes launches a new model at 200,000 USD nobody is yelling "oh thats to expensive,I am not going to buy that"

OK not everybody is going to buy it thats normal too.

The fact not everybody has enough money to buy top products is not a reason not to make them.

Leen de Jager

The main reason why i never changed to FS, except the fact, that the the aircrafts just fly like toys, is that every time shit costs money.

And you need lots of tools to get FS even to a level where you can say "Now it feels ok.".

I for myself will not pay anything more than 30 Euro for an addon... The sim was expensive enough (70 Euro).

And if that means, that i have to wait half a year until the price drops, then ok. I have some good Planes, so no need to get an overpriced airplane, with stuff that has no purpose. Just like those animated doors, no smoking sings, rotating beacons, emergency door in cockpit, passenger seats and so on.

Throw this out, and give me a plane for max 30 Euro with a good external model, 3D panel and airfoils. Thats all what i need.

You fly the aircraft, so why give a shit on what is behind the cockpit door?

But i guess i'm alone with this opinion.

The plane is not going to be only a pretty face. It has soul inside (systems) and we will have a complete functional FMS inside. And Complete electronic system inside, and hydraulics, and bleed air... and of course close to reality performances.

But this is not all. If everything goes well and people like it and FLY it. Our plans are to make a failure system like never seen on other planes on future patch, and a pilot/copilot online plugin to not fly it alone.

The main reason why i never changed to FS, except the fact, that the the aircrafts just fly like toys, is that every time shit costs money.

And you need lots of tools to get FS even to a level where you can say "Now it feels ok.".

I for myself will not pay anything more than 30 Euro for an addon... The sim was expensive enough (70 Euro).

And if that means, that i have to wait half a year until the price drops, then ok. I have some good Planes, so no need to get an overpriced airplane, with stuff that has no purpose. Just like those animated doors, no smoking sings, rotating beacons, emergency door in cockpit, passenger seats and so on.

Throw this out, and give me a plane for max 30 Euro with a good external model, 3D panel and airfoils. Thats all what i need.

Your right nova i think you are on your own! All the above reasons are why people arent moving from MSFS over to XP (which is what needs to happen to take XP to the next level).

Hi, Nova,

As a developer investing time in the systems and model, our best bet for a good return of income vs time invested is to cater to the majority. As such, we go the extra mile to get a nice aircraft with good FPS, but caters to the pilots AND the people that enjoy the eye candy. To be quite honest with you, even if the back portion of the cabin and doors/signs were stripped out, I don't think our final cost would be much different. The systems, textures, 3D cockpit modeling, and documentation take a lot of time to do, and are the primary reason the addon's are so pricey.

While I can't say for sure, I think this goes for LVL-D and most PMDG products on the MSFS side. Majority of their products do NOT have the 3D cabins and all that jazz inside, yet the systems modeling is their justification of cost.

All that said, I respect your opinion and reasonings for reservation! Hopefully you'll find the CRJ something that deserves to be in your hangar one day. ;)

People will move-over from MSFS to X-Plane I have no doubt about that.

Its a question of time, models like the CRJ by Javier Rollon set the pace and are leaving the best MSFS add-ons far behind.

There is no need for him to defend himself and explain the price of this beauty.

The (former) MSFS-community is more than happy to pay good money for good stuff.

They are used to paying for value.

As I said before many guys are willing to pay for texturesets (skins)alone , as much or more than for the average complete X-Plane model.

The X-Plane users will have to get used to higher prices and they will get the very best in return.

We see a lot of nice but low quality airplanes for X-Plane offered as payware.

Most of these planes should have been released as freeware i.m.h.o.

This kind of add-on-planes would not have any chance on the MSFS add-on-market.

In other words , these cheap/low-quality addons will vanish from the X-Plane market in time. (as payware,not as freeware)

Leen de Jager

PS

I am involved in a commercial way in FS9/FSX-add-on production, so I exactly know what I am talking about.

Yes you are alone!

I will happily pay upto $75 USD for an addon with similar quality to PMDG 747/MD11 or LDS 767. 

These aircraft were "state of the art" when released and if the CRJ200 is as good then the vendors should expect similar success.  I have a feeling that the CRJ200 will be a milestone product for XP that will encourage many FS9/FSX to take up XP.

I'd pay $75... but only if the package included models such as the -700 and the -900.

Turning that into a question... is it possible that you could make those models as well? I've always thought it a waste when a designer makes one aircraft in a series (i.e, 737-800) but doesn't make the other similar aircraft (-900, -700, -400).

I don't know how closely related the -200, -700, and the -900 are, but I think it would be great to put the work you have done to the best use.

I'd pay $75... but only if the package included models such as the -700 and the -900.

Turning that into a question... is it possible that you could make those models as well? I've always thought it a waste when a designer makes one aircraft in a series (i.e, 737-800) but doesn't make the other similar aircraft (-900, -700, -400).

I don't know how closely related the -200, -700, and the -900 are, but I think it would be great to put the work you have done to the best use.

It's possible as an added product upgrade, but definitely not as part of this package for release. The models are different in many fashions, including the systems that drive the aircraft. The -700 and -900 are much closer in cockpit systems than that of the -200. That aside, as you know, the 3D model would be quite different as well.

Your analogy works well with aircraft that have the same systems. The NG series of 737s would fall into this scenario (the -400 is not an NG and the systems would be drastically different, so to even call or sell it as the same aircraft series would be a little crazy).

Hey guys,

Just curious how your FPS is when flying this aircraft. I'm on a MacBook Pro with the 512 video card and 4g of RAM. Think this aircraft will give any trouble in the FPS? (The MU2 and the BK117 don't seem to if that's any marker). Any word on performance and minimum system specs yet?

I'm developing plugin for CRJ on MacBook Pro with 521 video and 4g of RAM. So you don't have to worry. )))