Liveries of the CRJ-200

Japo32

What Liveries do you want to be seen on the final Release of the CRJ-200?  

375 members have voted

1. 1. What Liveries do you want to be seen on the final Release of the CRJ-200?

• Brit Air (France)
    • Air Canada Jazz (Canada)
    • Cimber Air (Denmark)
    • Lufthansa (Germany)
    • Air One (Italy)
    • J-AIR (Japan)
    • MexicanaLink (Mexico)
    • AirVolga (Russia)
    • British Airways (UK)
    • United (USA)
    • Delta (USA)
    • Belavia (Belarus)
    • Continental Express (USA)
    • Air Dolomiti (Italy)
    • Northwest Airlink (USA)
    • Malev Express

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Please don't take this as nagging, since that is not my intention or desire. I am just wondering if one of you can peel yourselves away from you work for a second to give us a rough update on where the project stands.

How far along is the programming? Is it say, 75% done? 90%?

Has the beta test phase started?

Have there been any unforeseen problems?

Anything of note to share?

Between the SAAB, CRJ and the new terminal that we are getting at work I am for sure learning the interesting phenomenon of the wait making the product twice as good. Just hoping for some sort of update so I can guestimate about when it may be ready.

Cheers

Joe

PS our terminal has been pushed back to mid feb.

Hi, Joe,

It's our every intention to keep people informed, but we must also tread lightly on this as well. A lot of times excitement for a product leads to disappointment for the consumer if even an estimated release date is given and it's not met. We started doing this earlier on, but got some of this excitement turned disappointment and have since stopped giving any kind of dates. As such, the only news you'll hear from now on is concrete details that are finished or ready to be seen, like in the videos.

With the above said, the programming is coming along very nicely. It's nearly done, but I'm not about to peg a percentage value on it just to be on the safe side. We have had no unforeseen problems per se, but fine tuning instead. Anton has worked very hard to ensure that we get the maximum FPS possible when running the plug-in, so a few times we've had to go back to the drawing board and figure out the best way how to display things in an efficient manner. Needless to say, we're passed this hurdle.

As has been stated in numerous other posts...when there's something of note to share, this will be the place to find it. Until then, it's best to assume we're working hard to get this done with the least bugs and best performance possible for our customers. We have a reputation to follow, and we anticipate on keeping that reputation good.

We do appreciate the excitement. In fact, we're very excited ourselves! However, with quality comes time, and with time comes the requirement of patience. It's coming...soon, but not tomorrow!

Well.. As Cameron says we cannot give a date because is better not to give it.. but I think that if everything is going like now.. it will be sooner than later, that is the same as saying nothing.. so.. hehehe.. better not say anything.

Ok....

Programming: right now is 75 - 80% done so beta didn't start.. but we are correcting bugs while programming so I expect a not too long Beta time.

When we reach Beta time I will make the Tutorial documentation. What are we working right now Anton and me?

Anton, programming (very hard!! and I very pleased about the work done!! He needs vacations after everything is released and ok for sure!!!)

Me? giving animations and making manipulators for the Cockpit as new custom datarefs are done (right now more than 300)

And, making manuals.. that right now It has 136 pages.. but will have more. It is a big and sometimes boring stuff to make it beautifull also and clear to follow its reading. So please, when you have it READ IT!!! hahahaha...

This is a slight change of subject, but with all the advances you are making with the CRJ would you consider, after it is released in making a CL-604 a Business jet which shares a good bit in common with the CRJ, avionics wise?

The CRJ uses the General Electric CF34-3B1

The Cl604 and CL605 uses the same General Electric CF34-3B1 turbofans and they both have the Collin Six Tube EFIS avionics suite.

It would be a very nice project, one that would not stray too far from the CRJ.

Please consider this one!  ;D ;D ;D

One plane it would be really easy to do would be the CRJ-100 that is the same geometry as the 200 but differences on engines.

Make an 700 or an 900 is not that easy. Not because the avionics.. that are not so different. Only a few componets more to model and simulate, but the geometry is the difficult one. 700 and 900 has different positions of the wheels I think.. so that would be a really mess to build, because is not scale and that is all... it is model again, texture again, make animation of wheels again, etc...

I will consider it.. but anything that goes more than a month working, I would preffer to work on other projects (remember the A320 is waitting after the 200) than spending time for making almost the same plane just to be flought by not so many different people.

That doesn't mean, I am not going to work on the CRJ-200 after the release. If Anton is ready and agree with me we plan to make cool stuffs for the crj-200 and also other future planes. I will see posibilities.

And, making manuals.. that right now It has 136 pages.. but will have more. It is a big and sometimes boring stuff to make it beautifull also and clear to follow its reading. So please, when you have it READ IT!!! hahahaha...

I will surely be reading it. With realistic systems modeling comes realistic study! Seriously, I do appreciate a nicely done manual. Otherwise, what's the point of such fancy systems if we don't know how to use them?

One plane it would be really easy to do would be the CRJ-100 that is the same geometry as the 200 but differences on engines.

Make an 700 or an 900 is not that easy. Not because the avionics.. that are not so different. Only a few componets more to model and simulate, but the geometry is the difficult one. 700 and 900 has different positions of the wheels I think.. so that would be a really mess to build, because is not scale and that is all... it is model again, texture again, make animation of wheels again, etc...

I will consider it.. but anything that goes more than a month working, I would preffer to work on other projects (remember the A320 is waitting after the 200) than spending time for making almost the same plane just to be flought by not so many different people.

That doesn't mean, I am not going to work on the CRJ-200 after the release. If Anton is ready and agree with me we plan to make cool stuffs for the crj-200 and also other future planes. I will see posibilities.

System wise the 700/900s are more automated, with things like bleed transfer and starting ignition done automatically, and FADEC.  In flight they are mostly a more sluggish version of a 200, with a lot more intertia in pitch apparent and a slower roll rate.  Pitch attitude on approach is higher because of the slats.  Biggest one is the gear is very stiff because it is not a trailing link design and there's not a lot of internal piston volume.  Much harder to get greaser landings.

The real 200, especially at light weights, flies like a fighter.  The 900 flies a bit like a heavy.

Hi Japo,

hi Anton,

I'm now following the progress of the 200 for quite a few month. And yes, cannot wait for the release. But no, I do not want something 90% finished having tons of bugs. So, I need to wait for you guys finishing the project. Take your time; I'ld be disappointed receiving an unfinished one. I personally am bored of all those XP A/C out there, not being able to simulate the system it uses. A good looking model / livery is nice to have, but when flying them on XP, I'm sitting behind the stick. The Cockpit with all it's systems - in my opinion - should have main focus for aircraft developers. So, take your time please.

I real life, I'm a flight Dispatcher for Business Aviation A/C, doing flight plannings from customers call to briefing package for the crews. Well, we do have a hand full of CRJ2's in our operations. A big part of my daily work, I'm using Jeppesen Jetplaner for performant routings. Surely, the real ones are being set up almost accurate as it can be. Starting from CLB/DES performance, fuel burn, flight profiles etc. Therefore, there is some significant information / details from real life operations for CRJ2 available. So, if I can be of any help for you in operationally comparing with the real one, I'ld appreciate to be.

Btw. We've got a couple of GLEX, too. That would be my big wish for being one of the next projects. The CRJ2 is not a long-range A/C at all. But GLEX is one; and shouldn't be that far away (A/C systems) from CRJ (operationally it is far far away). So, wouldn't it be nice to have it all in your portfolio?  :P

For the livery wishlist, I would appreciate a business Jet. As the CRJ2 - also known as Challenger 850 - actually is more or less only modified for business variant. That's my big one to you Japo.

Take a look into the A/C:

cl-850-interior2.jpg

And here's the Bombardier House colors:

Exterior-Challenger-850.jpg

Another very nice livery (no, not ours; but often on our ramp):

vistajet-challenger-850.jpg

Thanks for your effort guys & kind regards.

Most of the 850s are going to eastern Europe, especially Russians.  They are popular there because the backlog on GLX is several years, the interior is almost identical and they are half the price.  The down side is half the range and 10000 ft lower ceiling but is is not an issue 98% of the time.  The 850 is a product that just sort of happened as the 200 production line was being shut down and someone decided it could make a go as a bizjet, so the line was kept going in a corner of the plant, and almost to everyone's surprise it's become a big hit.  The fact that it is built to withstand 10 times the cycles it will see in corporate use is a big selling point.  The current production rate is only about 1 every 5 weeks right now.  The 850 designation only applies to new production since the regional line shut down.  Any corporate conversions from airline CRJ production are called Challenger 800s.

The 850 is heavier than a 200 due to the interior and all the insulation and the PATS long range fuel system (two tanks at the back of the cabin).  With long range fuel (about 1800 kg) filled to the gills there's not much useful load left for pax, so you have trade between load and range.  The flight deck is 200 except for features related to the STCs, mainly the controls for the aux fuel, a different cargo smoke det system, and control switches for the exec power system (elec outlets).  Some also have an STC autothrottle system that will work the thrust right from takeoff roll to touchdown if you want.

First flights and initial ferries are a blast because there is no interior, paint or insulation so they are extremely light (and noisy) and accelerate and climb like stink!

Climb like stink is nice ... lol

Yes it very popular in Eastern Europe. Most of our clients owning the 850 do come from Ukraine and Russia. Well, lots of them are home based at VKO (Moscows VIP port) which is full of them.... and E135 Legacy's. It's also called being the GLEX for "the poor". :-)

Btw GLEX. In my eyes, those are the real beauties out there. Not only from operations point of view. I am very lucky being able to go with them on ferry and airwork trips quite often. Some great guys of our GLEX crews are giving a lift to wherever it goes (but need get back on my own as passengers do pay loads of money for privacy). But it's incredible fun to accelerate with a light GLEX feeling the raw power of 2 x 65'500 KN shooting you off the RWY like a cannonball.

Cheers everybody