1.4.3 CTD when choosing SID

tharan

"HDG_CRS is 0 in an Intc waypoint" is a diagnostic message of the navdata parser, nothing to be concerned about. I tried LGTS FSK3E here and it works fine for me. The stacktrace looks astonishingly similar to a long-solved 1.2 bug - perhaps something went wrong in the update process, which a clean reinstall might solve.

I removed all plugins from Ressources/plugins, but unfortunately it didn't change anything. Furthermore, I found out that SID KO4D (ULLI, 10L) crashes X-Plane, too. KO3D works fine.

By the way, there has been one oddness since 1.4.2: When I start X-Plane or open the CRJ, most of the time the plugin for the CRJ is loaded but disabled. On the other hand, the crashes occur regardless of whether the plugin is disabled at the beginning or not.

I guess the reason for the last line in the Log.txt is that X-Plane was already listening on port 18387 when I enabled the plugin by hand.

Log.txt

Hi,

the few times I ever had a problem with the CRJ is when chosing SID, STAR or transitions. That results in a CTD. Happened to me about 4 or 5 times since the CRJ came out, which is not bad at all!

Yesterday I had another CTD while chosing a transition. That was still in 1.4.2 and I just installed 1.4.3 to test the same route again today.

Since the order of picking STARs, SIDs, etc. seems to also have an impact on the CTD as was stated in another thread, I would suggest that you give us a brief description on how to do the sequence properly. I honestly have to say, that I am sometimes not sure, if I have to chose a transition and a Star oder just a transition, if I have to first chose the transition or Star and then the runway, etc....

My order right now is the following:

1. Enter route

2. Chose departure runway

3. Chose SID

4. Chose arrival runway

5. Chose Star

Further, if there is a transition available, a Star should not be chosen, since the transition replaces the Star so to speak?

I think it would be helpfuk not only for me to clarify that.

Thanx

Peter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any news on this issue ?

I had a CTD today when selecting a transition. I am using the version 1.4.3.

Like Skipper63 mentions above, this happens when selecting star/rwy/trans in the wrong order (this order caused crash: 1. rwy, 2. star, 3. transition)...so I guess I'll just use the correct order, which is selecting star before rwy :-)

Log.txt

Edited by anders1982