It's freakin' cold outside!!!1!

philipp

Just driving home from the monthly Frankfurt fligth sim enthusiast gathering, I saw this indication on my Dashoard:

IMG_20120210_233506.jpg

(10°F for the Americans).

Nothing unusual for guys operating from CYZF, but I would rather swap with our cat and stay on the radiator the whole day :)

Philipp

• Upvote 1

Im kinda wondering why his cat is riding in the engine compartment LOL

LOL, now that is the english language... Both devices with warm water and cold air are called radiator, the one in the front of your car, and the one hanging from the wall in your house. In German, we have two different words for it.

So of course our cat stays on the window ledge above the "heater" radiator. I don't think it would fit in the engine compartment, because our cat is HUGE....

Not to deviate from the purpose of the thread... but I'm kinda wondering what car you're driving... :)

It's a '94 Opel Omega, in the U.S. it was sold under the name "Cadillac Catera", in AUS also called "Holden Commodore".

It has 190.000 km on the clock and recently begins to show a bit of rust on the right door, so buy more CRJs so I can replace it :)

Philipp

• Upvote 1

Actually I understood your cat was near the 'heater', many ppl still call them that. But cats do love a nice warm engine. One snuck into our garage to enjoy the warmth, but at 2am I heard the strangest cries outside, only to realise they were coming from INSIDE the garage!

I'm not sure an Aussie Commodore would last long in -12!

I guess that's a joke you have to be Aussie to get it ...

Aussie learner-driver rules are complex. I'm pretty sure 'P' plates means 'provisional driver'. For their own safety, and the safety of others, new drivers must stick to a lower speed limit for the first 12 months after passing their test - something like 25km/hr. Fun times in a country where most of the long-distance roads have one lane in each direction! And they must have 'P' plates on the car.

I'm half-Australian; my family all moved out there a few years ago. I'm planning to visit them this year - I could turn my UK bus-driver's licence into an Australian large vehicle licence, then turn that back into a UK truck licence :) Not that I have any ambition to drive trucks, but it would be nice to have the legal permit to do so...

we have a similar system in British Columbia See http://www.welcomebc...?WT.svl=LeftNav This system was brought in a Few years back I believe because of the large # of young drivers being killed .

But your roads are full of ice and mooses. Neither are in abundance between Deloraine and Launceston on the Bass Highway.

Come to think of it, the provisional drivers aren't as bad as those who drive 10km/hr below the speed limit on the single-lane stretches, but go up to the speed limit when there's an overtaking lane. Perhaps it's because they think it's safer because there's more space. But it means no-one can legally overtake them, and the local police have nothing better to do than set up speed traps on those roads.

Broadly related note: what kind of numpty decides the legal speed limit can be specified at 5km/hr resolution? In the UK, there are exactly five legal speed limit signs: 20mph, 30mph, 40mph, 50mph, National Speed Limit (which varies per vehicle and road). In Australia it seems they allow about twenty...

Come on Dozer didnt you watch the 2010 Olympics We had to Truck in snow so if you need some sunshine for the 2012 London summer olympics we would be happy to help out LOL. But yah BC is a lot bigger than Great Britan "British Columbia is the third largest province in Canada and covers a total area of 94.8 million hectares (948000 square KM). B.C. is nearly four times the size of Great Britain and larger than any American state except Alaska." yes road conditions do Vary .