X-Plane 10.03 Beta 10 Issues

Brian Plumb

Didn't see these - sorry if repost

FMS

1. Unable to get External Ground Power
  2. Unable to get any additional information on the MFD Menu (eg. NAVAIDS, AIRPORTS)

MISC.

1. Engines seem way more powerful - usually to taxi I need around 48% N1 and now it's moving with only a little power added
  2. Blurry (barely readable) readouts (tested with night)

Note: I did not actually fly as I was concerned about the engine power

Windows 7 64bit

NVIDIA GTX 580 (latest drivers)

10.03 b10

HDR on with FXSAA

Shadows - Global Medium

My biggest concerns are with the FMS and engine power

hello!

I have been testing with the lastest 10 beta version. and..

1. GPU is definitely there... you have to put parking brakes.

2. unsure

misc.

1. Engines. Other user reported. Austin touched the jet engines and redefined a bit. I have been testing with it.. before and in this new version. I could say is more like the real aircraft. This aircraft is know as "the rocket" an in the first stages of climb is very powerful, BUT I have been testing it to reach altitudes, and MACH speeds and it is the same as before. It takes a 35.000 not so easy (it is a mid range plane) and it reaches MACH 0.82 like the xplane 9 version. So I like this new engines.

2. Can you post an image please?

Thanks!

Edited by philipp

I just tried beta 10 and displaying all kinds of navaids on the MFD works flawlessly, see screenshot. They only show up in ARC mode, are you sure you selected this mode? Have you tried various ranges?

post-3056-0-64313800-1326026570_thumb.jp

About the engines: There has been a massive change in X-Plane 10, and it keeps changing over the betas. No use trying to fix our model for one beta to notice it is again nonsense with the next beta.

We will re-evaluate the engine situation when X-Plane 10 has stabilized, as in 10.1 is out and the updates don't keep rolling in every other day.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm going to try to fly again later today (Eastern US Time) in night mode on XP10. Right now I'm back on XP9 to see if I'm just not paying enough attention to the displays and if they are actually the same. I typically don't fly at night in XP9 since I have orthophotos not converted to LIT yet.

I know what you mean about the engines - I try to keep cruise under FL300 as it seems to really struggle after FL220 to get to altitude (usually I slowly drop down to 500fpm to maintain reasonable speeds).

Screenshots left in PNG format

X-Plane 10 Screenshot:

CRJ200_1.png

X-Plane 9 Screenshot

screenshot_12.png

I had both lighting dials set the same (or as close the same as possible). As you can see they are still readable, but just appear to be a bit blurry and this may be just some stuff in XP10 we have to wait for. The pop-up displays look perfect as they did in XP9. I'm really not concerned about this particular issue.

Still can't get the Parking Brakes to display so I'm going to re-install and see what happens. I recall running into this problem with XP9 and a re install fixed it. I'll post a follow-up on that.

Edited by dolbs

FMS now working properly after re-install

Display "blurriness" appears during the day as well. Again, they are readable, almost like everything is in a bold font.

Engines appear more "normal" after taking off - the taxi power level speed scared me at first

Edited by dolbs