XP10 World scenery is way off!!!

yukonpete

I just got my X-plane 10 dvd's today and when I loaded YSSY ( Sydney Intl airport in Australia ) its not even close! Botany Bay it totally filled in with forrest. I have attached an X-plane 10 screen shot and a real picture. How can they get it so wrong?

post-1314-0-16409900-1325118061_thumb.jp

post-1314-0-20134200-1325118078_thumb.jp

Edited by yukonpete

I just got my X-plane 10 dvd's today and when I loaded YSSY ( Sydney Intl airport in Australia ) its not even close! Botany Bay it totally filled in with forrest. I have attached an X-plane 10 screen shot and a real picture. How can they get it so wrong?

You never know. There may be someone looking at doing this very airport :)

Yukon is right though, this is a major glitch that needs reporting and fixing.

Hmm, Sydney airport scenery seems VERY popular with Devs! It might be a race to see who finishes first! No, I ain't touching that biggie, although Melbourne would be great to do one day- when I'm bloody retired!

Heh. It's a race! =)

I'm just re-doing all the taxiways and runways to be a heck-more-accurate that the default apt.dat. (and better than the existing v9 one located at http://www.hatsuon.n...yX-Plane9X.html). Always sucks when flying online and in VATSIM, I know i'm way 'off' in my taxiing vs everyone else - so I decided to take the time to fix it.

I'm also trying to cut down the ortho's from the v9 scenery - and have now added my own orthophotos that only cover the airport.

Likewise, much like yourself (and the cool 'plausible' CBD buildings), I too am working on some GEarth 3Dwarehouse items to add to YSSY. Texturing is going to be an issue. It's been a fun few weeks with WED 1.1b4 I tell ya! =) (aka http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=15392)

But Yukon is indeed correct. Basically the .DSF is incorrect (same as Denver and Paris as Ben mentioned in the dev blog - those have now been recut and are updated when you update X-P). Looks like the OSM interpreter saw the wrong tag for the area, or mis-interpreted some other data. Nonetheless - A new .DSF will be cut for this - (as no amount of WED tinkering can fix that....! heh)

- CK.

P.S. We are all aware of botany bay being filled in. It was reported weeks ago as well to the devs.

Edited by chris k

• 1 year later...

2) atc is wronge

My ATC is sometimes "wrong", but it's never "wronge" :)

Sorry for saying , I cannot see any fun in making a laugh about mis-writings due lack of knowledge about the english language or just being a bad typist.
Forums like this have visitors trying to express themselves in a language wich is not native.
That can be quiet funny ( take my own "Duglish" ) nevertheless its not something to make fun about.

Cheers

Leen

Edited by Leen de Jager
  • Upvote 4

On the other hand, if he's really only 12 years old, one should not expect "adult" writing style (i.e. always thoughtful and correctly) all the time.

It is quite a stereotype that people with "Shadow" or "Dark" or "Death" are usually not very serious, and can be young. But this time I can see how it is true.

Edited by BWolf7

What i love about X-plane 10 is the amazing realism of night/dusk/dawn flying!...especially with water in the scenery....I flew over Ibiza on a short duck flight the other night,..the street lights reflected in the sea with such realism it actually gave me goose bumps lol!...

Then i flew over Manchester/UK...dusk again.....and the sight was just amazing..the HDR lighting was perfect..all the surrounding airports, roads, railways, and associated AI road/rail traffic brings a realism to x-plane 10 i never experienced in FSX.

The scenery i have found is reasonably accurate too....though i hate the fact it blurs to nothing when you ascend to over 10 thousand feet!...shame...but low to mid altitude everything is just hunky dory!

I dont use FSX that much now....X-plane 10 is definitely the way forward for me!....am starting to see why so many have a love hate relationship with it at first...but it has grown on me more and more each and every time i use it...