[Solved] My Mac is very very hot when i use crj200 v1.3

Pepel81

Hello everybody i have an imac 27" 2.93 Ghz hd 5750 8Go and x plane 10 + crj200 v1.3

i'm a big newbee. i have a big trouble about the temperature of my mac after few minutes flying in crj. It is very hot that i cant stay my hand on screen ! and all the fan are busy...

i have lion 10.7.2 and all is origin

if i stop to fly with crj and take another plane the fans become to slow speed

my rate vide is 50 frames /second because i have volontary decrease the level of graphisms in parameters of xplane ...

I repeat i am just user and i want to know if someone can help me. If you want particulary a file tell me how and where i can send you.

Many thanks to the team

Pepel81

13et@sfr.fr

Edited by Japo32

The CRJ makes use of all CPU cores available, as you can easily see in CPU monitoring widget like MenuMeter.

If your CPU is improperly cooled this may exhibit problems. Improper CPU cooling can mean for example a too thick layer of thermal grease between CPU and cooler, or an improperly installed cooler.

I once had a notebook with that problem, turned out it was uneven thermal grease. Had it serviced, no problems ever since.

So you see a high CPU load because the CRJ actually uses the CPU cores available to maximize framerate - most other planes simply don't and your cores stay idle.

If you experience severe thermal problems because of this, this would indicate a visit to your local Apple store and have the CPU cooling checked.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

Thank's for your answer My mac is new (may 2011) i've bought it for blender and engine ext luxrender wich is very very hard consumption of cpu All my other programs are not so busy my fans and cores... Xplane alone work very good frame rate (i'm beta testing x plane 10.03 b5) perhaps this temperature with crj200 use is normal. So i want to wait a little for see if anyone had the same problem.

I've also the problem of fire engine and i'm in version 1.3 I would know if xplane.org send an mail to update ?

Again thank for your response and sorry for my english...

It is not very important because effectively with a widget i can observe the temp of imac 70° for GPU diode... so the fan make job !

I very more preoccuped by the fire engine left after a few minutes of fly i don't know why i'm follow the procedure with tutorial manual with the plane that i have bought yesterday.

i am a little nervous ... but waiting is the better solution

Thank's to philipp

• Upvote 2

I very more preoccuped by the fire engine left after a few minutes of fly i don't know why i'm follow the procedure with tutorial manual with the plane that i have bought yesterday.

If you start X-Plane with the cold&dark option (Settings -> Operations&warnings -> uncheck the box "start with engines running") and then fire up the CRJ by the book, you will not encounter an engine fire. The engine fire is triggered when you are in a hotstart condition (fuel is added while N2 is < 16%) AND you don't pull back the fuel lever when you notice the hotstart (EGT rises violently).

However, a certain condition can trigger an errornous hotstart when you load X-Plane 10 with the CRJ when the "start with engines running" box is checked. This error occur only in X-Plane 10 and is fixed with the 1.3.1 version of the CRJ.

You can check the version by opening Plugins->Plugin admin->Plugin information and then see the entry "CRJ Avionics". If the version reads 1.3.1 you are seeing an engine fire because you are really doing something wrong. If the version reads 1.3.0 you might be experiencing the X-Plane 10 bug and you must download the update from your X-Aviation account.

Philipp