Pics of your X-Plane desk setup

Kaphias

• 1 year later...

8566019081_6055812478_c.jpg

I use a TM T-Flight Hotas X controller, supplement that with a Logitech gamepad for extra buttons and axis (use for views & zoom).  

I'm thinking of getting a gamers keyboard with more buttons but have not decided which one yet.  

Headphones are critical for late night flights.  

I really enjoy the wide screen effect - that's 55" across, I'm running at 4800x900 resolution. 

Edited by Fortkentdad

• 3 weeks later...

Done some upgrading ...

post-6607-0-42105700-1364915083_thumb.jp

During flight, the Thrustmaster sits conveniently on my lap.

AirTrack on the iPad is a very important part of this setup, because it allows me to disbale the virtual cockpit view. Which greatly enhances the flying experience.

Next upgrades will be rudder pedals, yoke, Saitek radio panel and Saitek TPM.

Nice setup however if you have to put your joystick on your lap i think you will need to by a new desk before you can use a yoke as you don not have space for one right now or even a throttle quadrant for that manner though you can fit in some rudder pedals though you should probably get a hard IN-MOBILE surface to put them on as you have to apply Velcro to your floor and bottom of rudder pedals to make sure that you don't  move your rudder pedals around mid flight and pulling that kind of Velcro off that carpet does not sound like a good idea as it will probably take the carpet underneath it with it

I gues you do have space for a cessna throttle quadrant however you do not have enough space between the desk and the instruments for the clamp on the flight yoke look at the pictures of my setup to see what i mean

Yeah, but I can move the shelves up and down, to gain more space :) It's quite flexible.

• 4 months later...

I gues you do have space for a cessna throttle quadrant however you do not have enough space between the desk and the instruments for the clamp on the flight yoke look at the pictures of my setup to see what i mean

Here you go (some months later):

post-6607-0-11198700-1376393694_thumb.jp

Very firm and stable, even with fast and hard movements, because of the screen's weight which presses from above on the yoke.

Edited by Mario Donick