Challenger 650 XPlane12 Challenges

BruinBravo

Hello:

I am currently needing help in 2 areas:

1. Honeycomb Yoke: I am unable to figure out how to get my Honeycomb Yoke to steer the Challenger 650. I have flipped the NWS switch to on...still no response to the HY. Any solutions/suggestions. I have also downloaded a 2022 Yoke and Bravo Profile onto my Honeycomb system.
  2. Avionics, MFD, PFD,CDU are not lighting up. The screens remain off. What am I missing? I have attached pics of overhead showing all power, including APU functioning. 

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

Tony Laughter

tlaughter@gmail.com

Screenshot 2023-05-30 035706.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-30 035754.jpg

Log.txt

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 5:07 PM, BruinBravo said:

Thank you. Disappointed the Honeycomb will not work on the NWS issue. It jst means I cannot fly the plane....and I love the plane.

I'm currently building my own controls for the Challenger 650. The first one I built was a tiller for NWS and it works perfectly. When concept proofing, I cannibalized an old Logitech Attack 3 joystick to use its circuit board. I took a potentiometer that I got from a discarded| audio equipment because it had a center detent, I wired it to the THR axis on the PCB and assigned it to Nosewheel tiller in the configuration panel of the simulator. I attached a large knob to the pot and put the PCB and the pot into a small plastic project box. I used it like that for some time while I was designing and building the final control which I 3D printed to make it similar to the one on the Challenger, so I cannot show you a picture of that temporary control, but it was a very simple project that I built in a few hours and that worked exceptionally well. Maybe you can try something similar. I hope it helps.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...