Apple arm64 support for M1 and M2 Macs running Native

I have just been made aware that that Gizmo has a new beta that supports new Mac silicon. What I don't know is if the old Gizmo 64 plugin is needed for DRM. Can anyone shed some light on this before I just start moving plugins around? I love the MU and have been patiently waiting for XP12 support in native mode.

Thanks for the help!

Joe

3 minutes ago, peakfinder said:

I have just been made aware that that Gizmo has a new beta that supports new Mac silicon. What I don't know is if the old Gizmo 64 plugin is needed for DRM. Can anyone shed some light on this before I just start moving plugins around? I love the MU and have been patiently waiting for XP12 support in native mode.

Thanks for the help!

Joe

The new “x-aviation” plugin provides drm, gizmo needs to be removed.

NO GO on MU2 2.1

with just the new x-aviation plugin installed in Aircraft/X-Aviation/Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2/plugins/X-Aviation.plugin

Plane loads with sound errors, no cockpit controls work, Propeller animation is incorrect but I can hear the engines running.

If I add the new Gizmo 64 beta plugin to the Resources/plugin folder I get CTD even before the main screen loads. Maybe Tom Kyler knows something about this. I was wondering why he didn't mention ARM64 in his update notes :wacko:

1 hour ago, peakfinder said:

NO GO on MU2 2.1

with just the new x-aviation plugin installed in Aircraft/X-Aviation/Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2/plugins/X-Aviation.plugin

Plane loads with sound errors, no cockpit controls work, Propeller animation is incorrect but I can hear the engines running.

If I add the new Gizmo 64 beta plugin to the Resources/plugin folder I get CTD even before the main screen loads. Maybe Tom Kyler knows something about this. I was wondering why he didn't mention ARM64 in his update notes :wacko:

You have the plugin locations switched. 

Xa plugins is global. 

Gizmo-avionics is for aircraft. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, peakfinder said:

NO GO on MU2 2.1

Hi, @peakfinder

Read the installation instructions here: https://blog.x-plugins.com/2023/02/gizmo64-version-23.html

You must delete the old one and install the two new plugins!!!

All is working fine in my case with MU-2

Regards,

Is there an easier way to install this? They have to be separated or how does that work? We have to manually unzip these to each aircraft we own? Seems a bit cumbersome but also want to work with ARM. Is it actually working for you now peakfinder? Wish this wasn't so complicated!

4 minutes ago, peakfinder said:

No, not working. I'm surprised that someone from Gizmo or X-Aviation hasn't jumped in to comment. Of Course the plugins are beta versions but it would still be nice to get some clarification.

Cheers,

You can help by posting your Log.txt from X-Plane. :)

2 hours ago, peakfinder said:

No, not working. I'm surprised that someone from Gizmo or X-Aviation hasn't jumped in to comment. Of Course the plugins are beta versions but it would still be nice to get some clarification.

Cheers,

I have read and replied to your post. 

I am the author of gizmo and the X-Aviation global drm plugin. 

You have them installed in the wrong folders. 

On 5/19/2023 at 4:58 PM, Ben Russell said:

On 5/18/2023 at 6:00 PM, Ben Russell said:

You have the plugin locations switched. 

Xa plugins is global. 

Gizmo-avionics is for aircraft. 

Thank you Ben for speaking up.

I put the new Gizmo plugin in resources/plugins.

I put the X-Avaition plugin in a new folder called plugins inside MU2 folder inside the aircraft/x-Aviation

If I have this backwards please let me know. I've be using the MU2 since its original release and would like to fly it again. Thanks to everyone for all the help!

• 5 months later...

I struggle to fly the HSF EC130 B4 with the X-Aviation G500 suite. I run XP12 on my M1 Mac then ARM64 architecture. Bought the G500 plugin, executed the installer in the EC130 aircraft folder,  followed the install instructions, but no way. I saw this post and then replaced the gizmo64 plugin by Ben's X-Aviation.plugin file in the resource/plugin folder. All I get is the online version check fails... 

I did not install the gizmo64-avionics file in the ECF134 plugin folder (doing so leads to a CTD)

May be if Ben was around, he could tell me what's wrong here....

Thanks

Herve

I am getting the same error as @frenchfly38 above but with CL650; running XP natively on M2. It fails version check suggesting bad internet connection. I am positive that the internet connection on my end is good. There is no VPN. I am able to post this message, among other internet access related things. This means that the aircraft does not activate. The Mac plugin was installed following the directions from here: https://blog.x-plugins.com/2023/02/gizmo64-version-23.html.

The plugin was last updated in Feb of 2023 it seems. Is there an update expected soon? CL650 is the only aircraft in my hangar that cannot be used natively on Mac. Thnx!

Edit. Noticed a momentary message that appears right before the message in the screen shot. It says that the version file has expired. Then it switches to the message in the screen shot.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 3.58.53 PM.png

Log.txt

Edited by YYZ342
Additional details.

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2023 at 1:09 PM, YYZ342 said:

I am getting the same error as @frenchfly38 above but with CL650; running XP natively on M2. It fails version check suggesting bad internet connection. I am positive that the internet connection on my end is good. There is no VPN. I am able to post this message, among other internet access related things. This means that the aircraft does not activate. The Mac plugin was installed following the directions from here: https://blog.x-plugins.com/2023/02/gizmo64-version-23.html.

The plugin was last updated in Feb of 2023 it seems. Is there an update expected soon? CL650 is the only aircraft in my hangar that cannot be used natively on Mac. Thnx!

Edit. Noticed a momentary message that appears right before the message in the screen shot. It says that the version file has expired. Then it switches to the message in the screen shot.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 3.58.53 PM.png

Log.txt 143.84 kB · 0 downloads

On 5/20/2023 at 1:58 AM, Ben Russell said:

Hi guys, I just stumbled upon those two plugins, so I removed the Gizmo from /resources/plugins/ and copied the X-Aviation.plugin there. Then went and copied the Gizmo64-Avionics.plugin into /Aircraft/X-Aviation/Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2/plugins just like it is mentioned in the post, and then fired up the MU. Lo and behold I got the same Empty reply from server. I couldn't see anywhere where to enter my credentials so I thought I need to delete them. So I went to /X-Aviation/ and deleted the two .lic files and this time it prompted the login box upon XP restart and MU load and it activated just fine. So please Ben could you update the post to mention that licence keys from Gizmo need to be deleted?