TOGA Simulation MU-2 Marquise v2.1.0 Update Released!

6 minutes ago, MANOLO said:

I suggest that plane creators include it

Thx Manolo.  We'd like that too when the time is right...and we do appreciate your feedback on it, that's exactly whats needed.  We want it to be in the wild a little while longer to get a broad spectrum of use cases over a variety of flights/types  and are working though some logistics on getting that out eventually.

Thx again.

TK

Edited by tkyler

4 hours ago, MANOLO said:

I suggest that plane creators include it!!!

Ben worked real hard to get Gizmo in its new version, and it's great that it's working on ARM. That said, we are not suggesting people switch to it yet because it is still a beta and does have some bugs that still need to be worked through. One of those is random activation disconnects, which will disrupt your flight when it happens. Ben is aware of this stuff, but if you happen to ever experience it, you can at least know about it now and not come asking for support. :) The old version of Gizmo (current retail) will still be available to you in the meantime should that issue arise on your flights.

Quick question: how do I move the "Run-Crank-Stop" switches to the stop position? They stop at the crank pos for me and I can't move them further back. I know there is a trick but it's been a long time since I flown this bird...

Sorry, ignore this. I found the hotspot behind the switches. I'm getting old... :)

Edited by kutyafal

The MU-2 + GTN750/650 turned into my two favorite aircrafts (the other being the CL650). Was considering to purchase the Real Sim Gear G5, but apparently it is not supported on the MU-2s 3D cockpit, only as a pop-up. Any plans to add the RSG G5 in the future? 

1 minute ago, MarioTG said:

The MU-2 + GTN750/650 turned into my two favorite aircrafts (the other being the CL650). Was considering to purchase the Real Sim Gear G5, but apparently it is not supported on the MU-2s 3D cockpit, only as a pop-up. Any plans to add the RSG G5 in the future? 

The G5 is certified for small piston aircraft, so you'd never find one in an MU-2. You could always opt for the G500's though.

I uploaded the new V2.1 update and first thing I notice was no more Comm/Nav Audio functions anymore (on the instrument). Were all the push buttons/functions/lights discontinued? All I see is High/Low Sens and the test button work... when test is pushed only the High/Low Sens light indicate.

thx for reporting.   I concur that the illuminated indicators aren't there.....I don't recall touching those polygons at all, but they are clearly missing.  It seems only the illuminated indicators are missing, but the button functionality is indeed intact, I can verify that.   Again, thx for reporting.  Already fixed.  will report back asap on updating.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cameron said:

Ben worked real hard to get Gizmo in its new version, and it's great that it's working on ARM. That said, we are not suggesting people switch to it yet because it is still a beta and does have some bugs that still need to be worked through. One of those is random activation disconnects, which will disrupt your flight when it happens. Ben is aware of this stuff, but if you happen to ever experience it, you can at least know about it now and not come asking for support. :) The old version of Gizmo (current retail) will still be available to you in the meantime should that issue arise on your flights.

I thank you the information. I conserve the old plugin and I will return to it if problems comes.  But I think is good Mac users know that a solution is coming now...:)

5 hours ago, OneOffRegistrationUser said:

Just checking: engines spool-up time feels like twice faster than in 2.0.4. Is it me or something changed?

Nothing on my end, but XP12 is a different beast and could have changed "starter strength" effect.  Note that I haven't gotten deep into the engine changes yet for XP12 and there have been some changes for sure........so there is still an "engine performance" pass yet to be made and that's when it will get addressed.    All that said, start times are affected by battery type, temp and engine condition etc...but more than likely XP12 has changed some engine perf I have yet to evaluate.

-tk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tkyler said:

http://www.togasim.com/mu2docs_offline.zip

the link you gave above....is that posted somewhere?  if so (and its  one of mine)...I need to correct it.

-tkler

Yes, it is in the"README.txt" file in the Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2 -> Documents folder after the aircraft installs in XP12.  Please give us the corrected location.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, jetdodger said:

Yes, it is in the"README.txt" file in the Mitsubishi MU-2 Marquise v2 -> Documents folder after the aircraft installs in XP12.  Please give us the corrected location.  Thanks.

He did. You even responded to him and the link he provided. :)

43 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Nothing on my end, but XP12 is a different beast and could have changed "starter strength" effect.  Note that I haven't gotten deep into the engine changes yet for XP12 and there have been some changes for sure........so there is still an "engine performance" pass yet to be made and that's when it will get addressed.    All that said, start times are affected by battery type, temp and engine condition etc...but more than likely XP12 has changed some engine perf I have yet to evaluate.

-tk

Found it!
Comparing 2.0.4 vs 2.1.0

Which one is closer to realty?

Untitled-1.jpg.a6791c568de1b9edc22ed28ef052893c.jpg

Edited by OneOffRegistrationUser

The friction ratio mostly affects "free-spinning" unpowered behavior.    Setting this value to chase some specific start time, may make the shutdown time unrealistic.    Its been set to match shutdown times.  I have noticed the faster start times; however,  I have seen TPE engines start up fully in 20s, but also have seen them taken over a minute.

I  selected somewhere in the middle in 2.0.4, just because I felt like it. So while it may be faster in 2.1.0  than in 2.0.4, it doesn't mean its wrong or "more or less" realistic.   It depends on battery level, temperature, engine state, age, etc....so the start up times are reasonable as is...for a good and fresh TPE engine.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tkyler said:

so the start up times are reasonable as is...for a good and fresh TPE engine.

I will add that I myself prefer a bit longer startup as I enjoy the sights/sounds of the start process myself.   Right now its hard coded and I can lower the 'starter strength' to slow it down a bit, which I probably will when I get back to the Moo engine tweaking...to make it more of an "average" start time of 40 - 50s, etc.

-tk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetdodger said:

Yes, it is in the"README.txt" file

Thx for reporting this.....for the record,  I moved the files to the correct location on the server so the readme gives the correct URL now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

-tkyler

I'm not gonna lie, bought it mainly because of the big discount and the cozy retro curtains that I saw on the screens...

Then I've spent 2 hours reading manuals, watching videos and playing around with custom control settings and saying very ugly words because it still didn't want to work like I wanted to, despite all of the effort...

But now, after all of this is done, and I have finished some flights, I absolutely love it. So much character and small, immersive quirks. Plus the outside model is beautiful, and the inside one has surprisingly few artifacts in xp12 compared to other ported planes.

Plus state saving, working BETA and possible future maintenance/failures. Amazing, simply amazing. Is a perfect match for my current radio navigation only FS Economy flights :) 

The only small things I've found is audible popping at the end of the gear operation audio loop and (I think?) missing passenger annunciators. How are they supposed to know when to sit down and stop smoking? :D

But otherwise, great plane, thank you!

Edited by tADEUS73

@tADEUS73

Thx for the kind words.  I agree, it is a bit different and you do need to get through the hardware setup and get to know it before it begins to grow on you, but once it does, it is a good amount of fun IMO.....which is why I continue to work on it.  Thx again.

-tkyler

I noticed an issue as I have been going through the setup procedure for hardware setups like mine.  This showed up as the condition levers jumping erratically after I assigned them per the instructions.  Specifically, the condition levers on the displayed panel in the simulator would seem to move with the levers on my throttle quadrant and then go to emergency stop position.  My control hardware setup includes the CH Eclipse yoke, the CH Pro Pedals, and two of the CH Throttle Quadrants (i.e. 6 levers on each, 12 total).  By default and before I reassigned levers per the procedure outlined in the MU-2 documentation, the throttle quadrant levers were assigned from left-to-right as: Throttle 1, Throttle 2, Throttle 3, Throttle 4, Prop 1, and Prop 2 on one the first quadrant; for the second quadrant left-to-right as: Prop 3, Prop 4, Mixture 1, Mixture 2, Mixture 3, and Mixture 4.  To make a long story short, I re-assigned the first two levers to Throttle 3 and 4 respectively, the next two to "NONE", and left the last two assigned as Prop 1 and Prop 2, respectively.  The lever assignments for the second throttle quadrant were left alone.  The response curves for the levers assigned to Throttle 3, Throttle 4, Prop 1 and Prop 2 were done as directed in your procedure.  My finding was that the condition levers on the screen were responding to the levers assigned to Prop 3 and Prop 4 on the second throttle quadrant as well as to those assigned to Prop 1 and Prop 2 on the first throttle quadrant. In fact, it seemed that the simulator levers responded at least as well  to those assigned to Prop 3 and Prop 4 as to Prop 1 and Prop 2.  The fix was to reassign the Prop 3 and Prop 4 on the second throttle quadrant to "NONE".  This resulted in the expected responses to the levers assigned on the first throttle quadrant.  I have yet to get through to the point that I have started the engines in the simulator, but I don't have any reason to expect a problem now that the levers are not bouncing around due to conflicting inputs.

This did make me wonder if there was some repeated code between the throttle sections and the condition lever sections as you read the hardware levers that were not corrected for the prop portion (i.e. the throttles are using the Throttle 3 and Throttle 4 axes, if some, but not all references in copied code stayed at 3 and 4 versus 1 and 2 for the prop axes that would be a possible explanation for what I observed).  I am not a software engineer so there may other explanations, but I thought it would be good to give you the information.

The attached files are zipped versions of the XP12 log.txt files, the mu2b60_manips.txt files, and screen shots showing the Prop 1 (i.e. same as Prop2), and the Prop 3 (i.e. same as Prop 4) axes setup or response curves for the case with Prop 1, Prop 2, Prop 3 and Prop axes all assigned, and when Prop 3 and Prop 4 axes are unassigned (i.e. all the second throttle quadrant lever axes were unassigned.  Hopefully, this will help with any investigation that you would undertake.  I believe the earlier text files are the ones with the second quadrant axes assigned and prop axes on both throttle quadrants being manipulated.  The later text files would be with the all the axes on the second quadrant unassigned.

This is not a major issue for me since it appears that I fixed it by disabling the axes on the second throttle quadrant, but it was confusing for some time.  I haven't gotten to actually starting the engines yet.  So, we will see if anything else pops up, but I am not expecting any issues.  Thanks for your efforts. 

xsMU2B60_4B_OEM - 2023-05-22 01.47.08.png

xsMU2B60_4B_OEM - 2023-05-22 01.52.16.png

xsMU2B60_4B_OEM - 2023-05-22 01.52.51.png

mu2b60_manips.7z Log.7z Log.7z mu2b60_manips.7z