TOGA Simulation MU-2 Marquise v2.1.0 Update Released!

This will serve as an official announcement that we have released the TOGA Simulations MU-2 Marquise version 2.1.0 update. All customers who have purchased the MU-2 Marquise v2 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the MU-2 Marquise v2 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 2.1.0 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original MU-2 Marquise v2 download and re-download the file. It will download as the latest version!

This version brings official X-Plane 12 support.

See all the v2.1.0 changes by clicking here!

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Hi.

Should we update in XP-11 as well, or is this v 2.1.0 specifically designed for XP-12?  I haven't downloaded anything yet, so haven't examined the file structure!

30 minutes later:

Sorry - installed for XP-12, and saw it had a version for it. So, I did it in 11 as well, and - yes - it identifies itself as an 11 version!

Edited by diamonddriller
Answered my own question!

29 minutes ago, diamonddriller said:

Hi.

Should we update in XP-11 as well, or is this v 2.1.0 specifically designed for XP-12?  I haven't downloaded anything yet, so haven't examined the file structure!

Changes are for X-Plane 12 only. The installer will still retain an older X-Plane 11 version, but it is now considered frozen.

27 minutes ago, MANOLO said:

Great!!! Many thanks!

Do you know if this version can be used natively on Mac M1 processors or Rosetta is necessary?

Rosetta for now.

Hello, just trying this now. Noticed that there is no way to load pax only fuel. Is this correct for the time being? Will there be some load manager in the future?

Also, I forgot, how do I enable the RealityXP GTN750 in it?

Edited by kutyafal

2 minutes ago, kutyafal said:

Is this correct for the time being?

Yes, it has always been this way.

2 minutes ago, kutyafal said:

Will there be some load manager in the future?

I think @tkyler has expressed interest in this kind of thing before, but for now the focus is diverting back to IXEG. This release served two purposes.

1. To get a working XP 12 version in your hands.

2. To facilitate a co-sponsored contest with a major retailer.

I didn't have high hopes for this as every third party aircraft I've tried for X-Plane 12 gave me terrible performance.  Like unusable single digit frame rates.  The MU-2 was by far my favorite aircraft in X-Plane 11, so I had to give it a try.  I am overjoyed!  The MU-2 is absolutely gorgeous in X-Plane 12 and gives me very little performance hit compared to the default aircraft.  I'm easily getting mid-20s even with lots of clouds.  Actual aircraft performance seems to be a bit better too - closer to real world.  I'm getting 285 ktas at 15,000'.  So pleased to have this excellent aircraft working in X-Plane 12.  Thanks for all your hard work.

• Like 1

That's true. Both the MU2 and the IXEG B733 are perfectly optimized models for performance.
They should be a model and example for other developers on how to create excellent, complex aircraft models with their advanced systems, while at the same time being FPS-friendly and smooth simulation.
This was the case in XP11, and now I see that in XP12 as well.  ;-)

• Like 1

It definitely wasn't like that, in XP11 you could set payload via default Weight & Balance XP settings, would you please add it back if you have time? A couple of other payware had the same thing happen to them during their updates to XP12. There are two ways to deal with it: Create payload stations (XP12-way), or create the default one-slider-for-all as it was in XP11. Some developers choose the lazy way (1 slider for all payload) or the proper way (stations for each seat (or region) and cargo).

Edited by randomdisplayname

11 hours ago, Cameron said:

Changes are for X-Plane 12 only. The installer will still retain an older X-Plane 11 version, but it is now considered frozen.

Rosetta for now.

Ohhhhh :o Why??? Rosetta is a FPS thief!!

I will not fly this plane then...

1 hour ago, MANOLO said:

Ohhhhh :o Why??? Rosetta is a FPS thief!!

I will not fly this plane then...

If the plane is dependent on third party plug-ins that haven't been updated with Apple M1/M2 support then there's not much anyone other than the plug-in developers can do.

However if the Mu-2 is only reliant on the Gizmo plugin there is now an experimental version of that that's supposed to now include native Apple ARM support
https://blog.x-plugins.com/2023/02/gizmo64-version-23.html

I've been using that for a couple of months on PC and it's worked with all the X-Aviation planes I've tried including the Mu-2 so stability seems to be OK on PC at least.

@Ben Russell It seems that this update does not work with your new plugins. Is that possible or just a "me" issue?

Does this give any immediate pointers?

0:08:29.361 G64-Avionics: xpl| Gizmo::Triggers::Events::ScriptedReboot::run_action()
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: xpl|   Lua::RunEvent[1](OnBeforeReboot)
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: WRN:     PrefsAPI_SaveToDisk
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: WRN:     prefs.need_save flag NOT set
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: xpl|   GizmoCore::Restart()
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: xpl|     GizmoCore::Stop()
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: xpl|       Gizmo::Audio::OpenAL::Cleanup()
0:08:29.365 G64-Avionics: xpl|       GizmoVM::Stop(Avionics)
0:08:29.369 G64-Avionics: xpl|       GizmoVM::Stop(Avionics) finished.
0:08:29.369 G64-Avionics: xpl|     GizmoCore::Stop() finished.
0:08:29.369 G64-Avionics: xpl|     GizmoCore::Start()
0:08:29.369 G64-Avionics: xpl|       GizmoVM::Start(Avionics)
0:08:29.369 G64-Avionics: xpl|         Boot Count: 3
0:08:29.370 G64-Avionics: xpl|         GizmoVM::LoadFirmware(Avionics)
0:08:29.378 G64-Avionics: dbg:           Aircraft VM firmware: v23.02.07.0220
0:08:29.378 G64-Avionics: dbg:           Turning off JIT
0:08:29.604 G64-Avionics: dbg:           gxt: AutoLoading..
0:08:29.606 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: Console
0:08:29.631 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: ToolTray
0:08:29.639 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: Preferences
0:08:29.647 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: RebootButton
0:08:29.655 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: GK_Icon
0:08:29.662 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: LuaGC
0:08:29.671 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: Shell
0:08:29.678 G64-Avionics: dbg:           Shell not loading - encrypted scripts.
0:08:29.679 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: Stats
0:08:29.687 G64-Avionics: dbg:             gxt.load: Inspector
0:08:29.695 G64-Avionics: dbg:           Inspector not loading - encrypted scripts.
0:08:29.695 G64-Avionics: dbg:           gxt: Completed AutoLoad.
0:08:29.716 G64-Avionics: xpl|         GizmoVM::LoadFirmware(Avionics) finished.
0:08:29.716 G64-Avionics: xpl|       GizmoVM::Start(Avionics) finished.
0:08:29.716 G64-Avionics: xpl|       GizmoCore::KickStart() --------------------------------------
0:08:29.716 G64-Avionics: xpl|         Lua::RunEvent[1](OnKickStart)
0:08:29.716 G64-Avionics: dbg:           KS[acf]: Gen 2 loader..
0:08:30.319 G64-Avionics: xpl|         Optimizing Callbacks..
0:08:30.322 G64-Avionics: xpl|           OnDraw_Windows
0:08:30.322 G64-Avionics: xpl|             OnDraw_Windows_Toast
0:08:30.322 G64-Avionics: xpl| Gizmo::Triggers::Events::OnBoot::run_action()
0:08:30.322 G64-Avionics: xpl|   Lua::RunEvent[1](OnBoot)
0:08:30.323 G64-Avionics: dbg:     :------------------------------------------------------:
0:08:30.323 G64-Avionics: dbg:       xscenery: Load mu2b60 Scripts - vnil
0:08:30.323 G64-Avionics: dbg:       xscenery: Load mu2b60 Hot Fix - nil
0:08:30.323 G64-Avionics: dbg:     :------------------------------------------------------:
0:08:30.328 G64-Avionics: xpl| Gizmo::Triggers::Events::OnFirstFrame::run_action()..
0:08:30.328 G64-Avionics: xpl|   Lua::RunEvent[1](OnFirstFrame)

1 hour ago, ostkamp said:

Is it ok to install and use the MU-2 in both XP11 and XP12 with same license?
As said, this is on same PC and of course only one XP version is used at a time.

Absolutely! Just be sure to run the installer for EACH version of X-Plane.

49 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Hi,

just installed and took it for a ride.

I have a problem with the throttle levers not moving in the 3d cockpit, although at times they appear to be functional when I move my hardware throttle.

The Prop levers do move.

Are you sure you have your throttle setup correctly? Please be sure to check the documentation on that: https://www.togasim.com/mu2docs/setup/hardware_setup.html

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Absolutely! Just be sure to run the installer for EACH version of X-Plane.

Are you sure you have your throttle setup correctly? Please be sure to check the documentation on that: https://www.togasim.com/mu2docs/setup/hardware_setup.html

@Cameron, my fault for not reading the Manual :-/

I was totally unaware that THROTTLE 5 axis was the one to be used for proper throttle assignment for users with single throttle hardware axis.

Thank you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matchstick said:

If the plane is dependent on third party plug-ins that haven't been updated with Apple M1/M2 support then there's not much anyone other than the plug-in developers can do.

However if the Mu-2 is only reliant on the Gizmo plugin there is now an experimental version of that that's supposed to now include native Apple ARM support
https://blog.x-plugins.com/2023/02/gizmo64-version-23.html

I've been using that for a couple of months on PC and it's worked with all the X-Aviation planes I've tried including the Mu-2 so stability seems to be OK on PC at least.

Hi all,

I’ve installed new Gizmo plugins like @Matchstick said and it works perfectly with Mac M1 processor without Rosetta, native ARM. No bugs observed at the moment.

I suggest that plane creators include it!!! 

Many thanks @Matchstick!!!

• Like 1