Off Topic "TOGA"

Pivot

Sort of off topic here, but EVERY TIME I come to this forum and see TOGA (and I know what it stands for) I here myself saying TOGA TOGA TOGA. You have to be a little dated to get this one.. Was an epic movie of old... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keep up the good work TK...

10 minutes ago, Pivot said:

and I know what it stands for)

well...you know what its SUPPOSED to stand for.   I'm going to let out a bit of a secret here.  The whole idea of "dated" will definitely apply as I continue.....

I've mentioned wanting to do some additional projects...and no, I'm not going to spill any beans yet...not till the XP12 versions of the IXEG and MU2 are done.  BUT....in doing additional projects, I'm collaborating with some other folks....and just so happens in one case, I'm collaborating with one other person....and in the other case, I'll be collaboration with TWO other people. ...and we're all over 50......SO...TOGA stands for:

in case 1:   Two  Old Guys  Aviation   (simulation)

in case 2:  Three Old Guys Aviation (simulation)

So that's the back story of where TOGA came from.  It just so happens (lucky for us) to be associated with aviation :)   TOGA, TOGA, TOGA.....

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

Photo avatar puts you in your 30s

yea, time for an avatar update, that's one's 14 years old....still into my early 40s at the time.  Shows you how much I pay attention to that stuff...but don't want to be misleading :)

-tk

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 4:58 PM, tkyler said:

well...you know what its SUPPOSED to stand for.   I'm going to let out a bit of a secret here.  The whole idea of "dated" will definitely apply as I continue.....

I've mentioned wanting to do some additional projects...and no, I'm not going to spill any beans yet...not till the XP12 versions of the IXEG and MU2 are done.  BUT....in doing additional projects, I'm collaborating with some other folks....and just so happens in one case, I'm collaborating with one other person....and in the other case, I'll be collaboration with TWO other people. ...and we're all over 50......SO...TOGA stands for:

in case 1:   Two  Old Guys  Aviation   (simulation)

in case 2:  Three Old Guys Aviation (simulation)

So that's the back story of where TOGA came from.  It just so happens (lucky for us) to be associated with aviation :)   TOGA, TOGA, TOGA.....

-tkyler

Yeppers, you were around for the JB movement. Amazing how time flies isn't it. I do like your analogy though.. Good job on the MU2 captain, outstanding work.