Gizmo (v21) version check: attempt to compare number with nil

daemotron

I tend to think the same - it went away by hitting clear & reboot.

Cameron, regarding your question - just a one off, coming out of the blue. I hadn't installed anything; I even had X-Plane run a couple of minutes before (I was just fiddling with ordering stuff in scenery.ini).

Oh, and I found a way to reproduce it:

• start X-Plane into the main menu
  • select the default C172 and an airport to spawn into
  • hit "start flight", and when you see "loading Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\Cessna_172SP.acf..." pull the network plug

Apparently Gizmo in this version doesn't like losing its network connection while executing OnFirstFrame. I have attached another log.txt where I was able to reproduce it with the steps described above; you can see where it lost network connection (Laminar is protesting about it as well).

Log.txt

5 hours ago, daemotron said:

Cameron, regarding your question - just a one off, coming out of the blue. I hadn't installed anything; I even had X-Plane run a couple of minutes before (I was just fiddling with ordering stuff in scenery.ini).

Thanks. Ben knows a bit more about the network side of things, but my question was asked because I note you have a scripts folder with an init.lua file in it. It makes me wonder if Gizmo is attempting to use this, though as I think about it more that would not make sense for a raw lua file.

It sounds like you've found the initial issue though, so I won't wonder further about my own conspiracy. :P

6 minutes ago, daemotron said:

Ah, that init.lua lives inside the xlua folder within the default C172's plugin folder. Should be the same on all X-Plane installations.

Yep, you're right! I fat finger scrolled on my phone and missed some of the path. Thanks for all the feedback!