RealSimGear G5 Instruments v2.1.0 Update Released!

Cameron

1 hour ago, Coop said:

Sorry, forgot to mention that part. Under Expert -> Autopilot configuration check "AHRS" for AP heading source:

Screenshot-2023-04-19-133953@2x.thumb.png.17d29144a2170fa582894a02908fd23a.png

In the X-Plane 12 folder you should see an application titled "Plane Maker". Open that, and then from the file menu, open the C172 G5 acf file.

Okay I was able to update those settings.  I’ll let you know how it works.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, PFactor.io said:

The G5 looks completely corrupted when Zink is used. Please take a look at the following screenshots - the first with Zink enabled and the second without. I am running the 2.1.0 release on X-Plane 12.05. Same result on 12.05rc1 and 12.04 also.

Here's a link to the log file when Zink is enabled.

Edited by PFactor.io

6 hours ago, PFactor.io said:

The G5 looks completely corrupted when Zink is used. Please take a look at the following screenshots - the first with Zink enabled and the second without. I am running the 2.1.0 release on X-Plane 12.05. Same result on 12.05rc1 and 12.04 also.

This is a known issue with Zink in general on drawn displays and affects numerous products. Laminar is aware of it and states at this time the problem is related to a driver bug at AMD. They have consistently tried to get AMD to resolve this to no avail as of now.

In other words: there's nothing we can do about that.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:21 PM, Cameron said:

This is a known issue with Zink in general on drawn displays and affects numerous products. Laminar is aware of it and states at this time the problem is related to a driver bug at AMD. They have consistently tried to get AMD to resolve this to no avail as of now.

In other words: there's nothing we can do about that.

OK. Thanks. It sucks, but I guess it is what it is.

• 10 months later...