IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

On 6/1/2023 at 4:04 PM, skiselkov said:

It is a dataref, but X-Plane treats writing to it as a trigger for the recomputation. So just write something in there (I use the number 1, but technically could be any integer) and X-Plane will perform the cubemap rebuild.

I stand corrected.   I guess I should have gone back and double checked before spouting off. :-)   

Maybe I'm worrying in advance, but will the new version of IXEG 733 for XP12 have a smooth animation of the reverse lever when using the command "Hold thrust reverse at max #1 and #2" ???
Currently, using this command in controllers (e.g. Honeycomb Bravo) in IXEG 733 in XP11 there is no animation, i.e. the reverse levers jump immediately to the max position, which looks very unattractive.
For example, in Zibo it is already done that the reverse levers, after using the "Hold thrust reverse at max #1" or "#2" command, move smoothly.

52 minutes ago, Bulva said:

Maybe I'm worrying in advance, but will the new version of IXEG 733 for XP12 have a smooth animation of the reverse lever when using the command "Hold thrust reverse at max #1 and #2" ???

The  "XP12 ported" version will not have this for the initial release.  Its exactly that....ported for V12 'as it was in V11' but with the aforementioned extras, i.e. new 3D cabin/doors, wing flex and replacment GUI...but nothing else yet.

Because we're putting in a few new items though.....I do think many folks might then wonder what else may be new for this XP12 compatible version and perceive it as a "next patch", but that is not the case yet, its been an enormous amount of work simply getting it to ported to work in XP12 reasonably well.  After the initial release, then we'll start the 'patching process' to improve things in many areas. ...and we're looking forward to doing so.

So if you want this feature in the initial 'XP12 compatibility' upgrade Bulva, then you should be worried......but if you're willing to wait a bit, then there is nothing to worry about :)

-tk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

Just out of curiosity, would you say that the changes to the XP12 code and SDK is settling down, and stabilizing or are you still seeing wild swings that may break something you've spent days or weeks on?

I'd say things are definitely settling down for sure.....but you never know.  I'm not expecting any sweeping changes.

-tk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, 

A question for waming up during the waiting time ;-) 

Could you please say which approches are included in this new XP12 version, I guess LNAV/VNAV and ILS but what about RNAV, RNP, LPV, GLS, etc.? Which approaches were included in the real 737 (300,400 and 500)?

THX!

53 minutes ago, rylabics said:

Hi, 

A question for waming up during the waiting time ;-) 

Could you please say which approches are included in this new XP12 version, I guess LNAV/VNAV and ILS but what about RNAV, RNP, LPV, GLS, etc.? Which approaches were included in the real 737 (300,400 and 500)?

THX!

With the old version FMC as XP11 version you won't even able to do LNAV/VNAV,  I believe RNPAPCH is as far as the real option can go.

But there are some 737-200 have upgraded with totally different aviation for better GPS support, so I'm not sure if that could be a thing on -300

• Like 1

This may be a little off subject, but wouldn't it move future aircraft development further faster is a group was formed to create avionics or flight management systems, where the core could be reused in different aircraft? It seems to me that every dev is having to reinvent the wheel.

I sorta imagine a voluntary group creating core products that would be open-source. Anyway, I'm just spit-balling here.

35 minutes ago, VCV said:

there will be an updated PaintKit, won't it ?

No there won't.   As we've said many times and I'll reiterate here to keep expectations in check for the next release.  This is a port of V11 to V12 features with a few extra items. The extra items are outlined in a bullet list in the first post of this thread, otherwise, most of the features in V11 will the same as in V12.  The paint kit is the same, the FMS still needs additional work for VNAV / holds, etc.  

This V12 release; however, is the foundation to springboard work towards a new 3D exterior and paint kit and improved systems.  We will begin that phase right after things from the V12 release settle down, but this release is mostly about getting the IXEG flying in V12 with some enhanced (mostly interior) visuals.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dominicanese said:

come on, release this already please lol

I'd love to! :P   Whats happening now is simply a matter of "what we are able to do nowadays"  increasing the workload.  I've been working on the cabin/galley texturing for some time, but with the lighting features we have and such, its just a domino effect.  The cabin, especially, having both ceiling and window lighting modes and a combo of the both has been a real challenge.  Add in the emergency lighting and it adds another layer.  I've been sitting here for weeks saying, "as soon as this cabin texturing is done, we can finish the punchlist and release".....but the results are so cool (IMO)....because I'm a huge fan of visual immersion...I just keep going on the details :P  Darn these video cards and improvements in real-time 3D effects.   

-tkyler

• Like 4

4 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

but wouldn't it move future aircraft development further faster is a group was formed to create avionics or flight management systems, where the core could be reused in different aircraft? It seems to me that every dev is having to reinvent the wheel.

it sounds good Frank, and is naturally what any end user would want...less wait time.   Feel free to form that group and give it a roll! :P   Seriously though, I could write several pages of why that doesn't work because after 20 years of this, we've seen just about every form of development configuration. In a nutshell, people are the problem...  individual goals, life situation, monetary requirments, time availability, individual skill, and relative perceptions of their own value.  These factors rarely align for the good of a team effort.

I will say that every developer capable of developing complex aircraft have their core code library in place for reuse, that's not the bottleneck.  Until one has tried building one of these things, they don't realize the staggering volume of details that go into it.  Just today I'm modeling "clip rings" that hold the divider curtain between first/economy.   We have a saying....folks don't notice the details, but they notice when they're missing....and there's always one guy...."the color of the anodized aluminum legs on the seats are unique to Lufthansa only....and they're not brushed, they're electroplated...so your texturing is wrong"......thanks man.....you're the best!   :P 

The longer straw isn't in the coding, its in the 3D, texturing, lighting and now FMOD sound, which is not very reusable.   I always get a kick of reading the "airplane development notices" on X-Plane.org and all the starry-eyed folks who have learned how to make 3D objects and believe they can build a complete product.   

The number 1 thing (IMO) that would help speed up production is an "insider / collaborator".  Someone who has regular access to the aircraft...can touch it....take pictures...put a tape measure all over it....play with the systems.  This isn't always a pilot.  The perfect "resource" for us devs would be a "pilot / mechanic" team for any given aircraft, who can answer questions on very short notice.  That would definitely speed up things on new projects.   I'll be asking for such folks soon after the 737 V12 release for two future efforts. 

Super Hint on one project....any Delta Airline mechanics / pilots here who are flight sim fans?  hit me up on PM.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, tkyler said:

Super Hint on one project....any Delta Airline mechanics / pilots here who are flight sim fans?  hit me up on PM.

Emerging from my lurk to take a stab at it - 717? It's the only one of their fleet that doesn't already exist in X-Plane in some reasonable form.

On topic though, I'm incredibly excited for the 737 to make it into XP12.
Please don't let perfection of the lesser seen areas, such as the cabin and galley, get in the way of a release. Personally, I'd much rather get the updated aircraft with old textures in those areas and then get the updated textures as part of a later update. I honestly don't even recall the last time I panned the camera into those areas in any aircraft.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Deceiver said:

Emerging from my lurk to take a stab at it - 717?

Too easy!  Anybody with access to the 717 willing to help..or a friend of a friend of a friend with access.....please hit me up in PM.  This is well into late 2024 at best...737 comes first so i won't talk 717 much.    Its just out there waiting its turn....but I reserve the right to work on it nights/weekends ;) 

image.png

Please don't let perfection of the lesser seen areas, such as the cabin and galley, get in the way of a release.

It doesn't quite work that way...besides, interior mostly done anyhow.  The 'standard' is the standard.  Immersion is a huge part of the product and many customers enjoy it all around.  Lots of folks like replay mode from the cabin etc.  Once this interior is done, I won't have to worry about it and can get back to the FMS and such.  

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, tkyler said:

Too easy!  Anybody with access to the 717 willing to help..or a friend of a friend of a friend with access.....please hit me up in PM.  This is well into late 2024 at best...737 comes first so i won't talk 717 much.    Its just out there waiting its turn....but I reserve the right to work on it nights/weekends ;) 

image.png

It doesn't quite work that way...besides, interior mostly done anyhow.  The 'standard' is the standard.  Immersion is a huge part of the product and many customers enjoy it all around.  Lots of folks like replay mode from the cabin etc.  Once this interior is done, I won't have to worry about it and can get back to the FMS and such.  

-tkyler

Oh, she's a pretty girl. She needs some paint though!

What awesome news, thank you! This is a plane we've been needing in X-Plane for a long time. I'm really looking forward to it.

Understandable regarding the textures. I get that there is a standard, but I also understand it's easy to get carried away and scope creep.

8 hours ago, tkyler said:

image.png

-tkyler

I believe then that the future project was revealed. I'm really surprised. I never thought about the 717 but I'm happy with it.

Sneak peek for the regulars....and a form of update I guess.

All the cabin/galley 3D geometry is done...I'm working my way through the cabin currently, adding / texturing the smaller details and tweaking the lighting.  A few more days of this I suspect, then I'll hit the final punchlist and tests with Jan.   An unknown....XP12 b06 is hitting us devs shortly with some rendering changes...hopefully it won't affect us too much, if at all.  Fingers crossed.

-tk

image.png

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 18

42 minutes ago, tkyler said:

Sneak peek for the regulars....and a form of update I guess.

All the cabin/galley 3D geometry is done...I'm working my way through the cabin currently, adding / texturing the smaller details and tweaking the lighting.  A few more days of this I suspect, then I'll hit the final punchlist and tests with Jan.   An unknown....XP12 b06 is hitting us devs shortly with some rendering changes...hopefully it won't affect us too much, if at all.  Fingers crossed.

-tk

image.png

I think the flags represent the nationality of everyone who works or has worked on the IXEG project right?

• Litjan unpinned this topic