IXEG 737 Classic for X-Plane 12 Announcement

Cameron

Thsnk You so much. I was sorry that there was no news when the XP12 was released.
An excellent development that I use on XP11.
Please, for those of us who have the version for XP11 that the upgrade pays for XP12, it does not mean losing the version for XP11.
Thank you again.

Edited by jolmos

I am so looking forward to paying the little extra cost for such an amazing upgrade. The team have done the old girl proud. I have had many hours of enjoyment in v11 and can't wait now for my first flight in the old girl in v12. She looks so good dressed up to go flying.

Thanks to the team for what they gave us in the past and the future is just looking so good.

I hope this message finds everyone, and loved ones safe and well

Yours Faithfully

Steve

• Like 1

this is great news, I have missed this plane since moving to XP12....this was the first thing I bought when I had XP10, I also think it's a fair upgrade price, we all need to earn a living...oh and congrats to Jan on the 747 cert...

This is excellent news, the 733 has been one of my favorites for many years, and I was really looking forward to the XP 12 update. And it seeems that you'll be supporting it in the future, and adding new features, so, for a great aircraft that I bought in 2017, I will be more than happy to pay what I find to be a very reasonable update/upgrade price.

Many thanks for your work in improving and supporting this great aircraft, 

Cheers

I would most probably purchase the update of the IXEG B737, because I loved using this aircraft in X-Plane 11.  Only reason - it is great!.

I just think XAviation is doing this the wrong way around.  I purchased this aircraft for X-Plane 11 on 11 Feb 2018, almost when this aircraft first came out.  Me, and others like me, at that time supported XAviation and now they expect me to pay again for this aircraft.    No update to the cockpit, which is understandable, because it is really great!

People who purchased it less than a year ago get it for free?  Pay for the passenger interior, which I never use?  As a pilot I do not have time to sit in the passenger seats, or chat with the stewardess in the galley. That is a "nice to have" - nothing else.

Can't wait for it to be available.    

I purchased several X-Plane 11 aircraft from XAviation.   9 of them to be exact (attachment).   Will XAviation expect me to purchase all of them again for X-Plane 12?

Capture.JPG

Edited by hermannk1

Those are excelent news! The 733 has been always a master piece of your team (and my favorite Boeing to fly in XP), and i’ll pay the upgrade fee gladly, mo matter what’s been stated before.

i would like to ask if you plan to feature SIMBRIEF integration for flight plan, fuel, weight and weather info?

thanks! 

Edited by S3rg1o

1 hour ago, hermannk1 said:

I would most probably purchase the update of the IXEG B737, because I loved using this aircraft in X-Plane 11.  Only reason - it is great!.

I just think XAviation is doing this the wrong way around.  I purchased this aircraft for X-Plane 11 on 11 Feb 2018, almost when this aircraft first came out.  Me, and others like me, at that time supported XAviation and now they expect me to pay again for this aircraft.    No update to the cockpit, which is understandable, because it is really great!

People who purchased it less than a year ago get it for free?  Pay for the passenger interior, which I never use?  As a pilot I do not have time to sit in the passenger seats, or chat with the stewardess in the galley. That is a "nice to have" - nothing else.

Can't wait for it to be available.    

I purchased several X-Plane 11 aircraft from XAviation.   9 of them to be exact (attachment).   Will XAviation expect me to purchase all of them again for X-Plane 12?

Capture.JPG

That depends, but the more complex planes need a lot of changes and that requires a lot of work, and that is why for the 733 its not an issue. I suppose you could go to your car dealer and ask if he can upgrade your 5 year old car for free.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the sentiments and kind words.  I myself am happy to be working on X-Plane full time and will strive to continue to do so.   I can 'partially' sympathize with those who are...lets say...."on the fence" to put it nicely, regarding upgrade costs for software development, as I myself am one of those old-timers who came from what I like to call the "golden age of software" where it would obviously be great to buy it once and get upgrades forever, but as it stands, I now have at least 4 software subscriptions to software, billed every month, that is constantly evolving and some don't have the 'obvious features' I want and I understand it now as a developer.     It used to be we could model a few polygons, slap a photo texture and we're done, because that's all the technology could handle.  Now I have to model a few million polygons, slice them up and lay them all out neatly and texture them all and it takes a lot longer than it used to.  I never had to worry about detail lighting before because X-Plane didn't have it, now its a whole "lighting pass" by itself.  Same for sound engineering, etc.  The technology has expanded a lot faster than the market.  For those of us who remember playing Sublogic / Microsoft Flight Sim in 1981....we've come a long way technologically and I for one love it!   The growth comes with some pains.  I'll note that X-Plane dev requires more specialized knowledge now and finding folks with that knowledge and time is quite hard to find so its a challenge to execute what we now have the ability to produce.   After nearly 20+ years of messing about with X-Plane, the important thing, I believe, is to keep moving and there've been some 'not insignificant' sacrifices in the background so that we can keep moving on this X-Plane work...as niche as it is.  Its defininitely a labor of love and we all have to live with who we are.  I figure if I can do what I love, I'll never work a day :) .....but I do need a paycheck to keep at it.   I appreciate everyone out there who understands that.  Thanks again.  Back at it.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 14

I fully support Cameron and tkyler when it comes to paying a price for an upgrade.
I cannot understand the negativity expressed by some members when it comes to paying a small amount for the XP12 version of an aircraft they bought many years ago for XP11. I do not understand why someone would assume a free update when the developers need to do a lot of work for enabling the use of an aircraft on an upgraded platform. I would suggest these members to refrain from the 'costly' update to XP12. 
I also would support quality-developers opting for offering a subscription-based model: Customers paying a small amount yearly would receive updates and upgrades for free. Other customers will receive bug-fixes but need to pay for updates and upgrades. I am sure not everybody will be in support. This model may have pros and cons, but I see it as a viable basis for continuous development and improvement.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, hermannk1 said:

I just think XAviation is doing this the wrong way around.  I purchased this aircraft for X-Plane 11 on 11 Feb 2018, almost when this aircraft first came out.  Me, and others like me, at that time supported XAviation and now they expect me to pay again for this aircraft.

I think now is a good time for a reminder that regardless of any state IXEG was in, X-Plane 12 broke existing functionality to the point the product literally doesn't work. You can't even use flaps in X-Plane 12. Because of code changes necessary to get it working again, a fee was bound to happen after 6 years of being on the market with no upgrade fees prior to this. As a whole, X-Aviation has always been overly fair with upgrade pricing, most of the time not charging any. We simply do not believe in this type of gouging when it's not warranted and the work to update something was very little on our end. At $14.95, it's a bargain to the work being invested on the porting front alone, and realities are people need to be able to live to produce.

You're looking at this the wrong way. These new additions are intentional and designed to show commitment going forward. You're paying for the port to 12. We just happen to believe that we should also show good faith in improving the product along the way rather than just ship the port with a charge.

Giving free upgrades to new customers who purchase products during transition phases (like X-Plane 11 becoming X-Plane 12) is very common in software. It is a way to retain customers who are uneasy about purchasing a software product when the next major version is so near. In our case, Laminar had already announced X-Plane 12 and new customers needed a reason to purchase a v11 plane rather than wait it out for v12, and thanks to Laminar announcing 12 so early, the time from announcement to release of 12 was over a year. That means a year of market uncertainty for consumers looking to buy things, which keeps us in business. The data we had showed sales were slumping in the market across the board for this reason alone, and by letting new customers know they could get the upgrade free, the confidence was instilled to make a purchase and also help keep food on our table. Heck, even Apple does this with some of their hardware, surprisingly.

Will XAviation expect me to purchase all of them again for X-Plane 12?

Most of the products in your install there have already had announced roadmaps for 12. Islander, TBM, and your two SR20's will be free of charge. If you have v2 of the MU-2, it too will be free of charge.

• Like 6

I am very excited about the upcoming version of the B733.
My only anxiety (apart from optimizing VR ;)  ), concerns all these "bells and whistles" for the eye.
The IXEG 737 version for XP11 was largely a huge success due to the very good optimization and "playability" of this model. Despite the enormous sophistication of the simulated systems and flight model, and the beautiful cockpit graphics, the FPS in the IXEG were (and still are) unbeatable by any other aircraft of this caliber.
I hope it won't be another plane in which we will admire flushing water in the toilet and opening luggage boxes at the expense of FPS ;)

12 minutes ago, Bulva said:

I am very excited about the upcoming version of the B733.
My only anxiety (apart from optimizing VR ;)  ), concerns all these "bells and whistles" for the eye.
The IXEG 737 version for XP11 was largely a huge success due to the very good optimization and "playability" of this model. Despite the enormous sophistication of the simulated systems and flight model, and the beautiful cockpit graphics, the FPS in the IXEG were (and still are) unbeatable by any other aircraft of this caliber.
I hope it won't be another plane in which we will admire flushing water in the toilet and opening luggage boxes at the expense of FPS ;)

Performance is still something kept in the mind, and the kill object feature will still be in use in scenarios where you're not actively in an area with high detail. You can still expect good performance going forward. :)

• Like 2

First, excuse for my bad english. I'm french.

I'm very happy to read this announcement. I love so much this plane and quality of the hard work is wonderful. I think it's normal to pay developper for their work and lots of hours spend to make compatible with Xplane 12 and on enhancement of the cabin.

And 15$ is a very honest price. Nobody wants to work for free, me the first. I'm very impatient to fly with one of my favorite plane.

Thanks for your work. Bests regards.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I bought this marvel of simulation back in 2016 for XP10 I think, I don't remember if I had to pay for the upgrade to XP11, I definitely would have, and paying $15 for the upgrade to XP12 still seems like a gift to me. It's one of the planes that I have most enjoyed ever flying by hand, I am not a pilot in real life and I cannot speak with knowledge of the facts, but I have been in flight simulation for many years, I started with a Spectrum 48K and Spitfire 40, and the feeling that you are flying a machine that weighs many tons and has a lot of inertia, I have not achieved it with any other aircraft of its class. Perhaps I do not know how to explain well what I mean, English is not my language and I have to use a translator ,sorry.

In short, if you have it and have enjoyed it, $15 dollars is nothing and if you don't have it but you like these monsters of the air, don't hesitate, you would be missing one of the best, if not the best in its category.

• Like 5

Hace 6 minutos, Cameron dijo:

No. Le dimos la actualización X-Plane 11 de forma gratuita. Ha tenido cero ganancias financieras desde el lanzamiento inicial en 2016 hasta ahora. :)

I didn't remember it, but I'm sure I would have paid for it without a doubt, as my partner says, no one should expect others to work for free, we all have to eat and pay the bills.

Edited by nikit

• Litjan unpinned this topic