Full tutorial?

wain

I am looking at this and hoping it will appear in XP12, however I am actually a little concerned that I may struggle to learn, I understand it's a very intensive and thorough add-on. Just wondering what kind of tutorial/instructions it comes with for someone coming from airlines? 

As a guidance of my ability I test for Just Flight and have been involved in the likes of the 146 and the Vulcan if that helps to show my level of competence...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wain said:

Just wondering what kind of tutorial/instructions it comes with for someone coming from airlines?

If I can learn to fly this aircraft anyone can. I know that sounds glib but it's true. Before I purchased the CL650 the only jets I'd flown were the Phenom 300 and the Citation Mustang. Heck, I couldn't even program the FMS. I considered myself strictly a low & slow GA sim pilot. But I had to have the CL650. Since I've gotten it, I'm am now comfortable with the Collins FMS, and can start the aircraft C&D. I've cut the amount of time it takes me to get going from 2 hours to about 40 minutes, and that includes going through all the pre-start checks. I enjoy full flights in the aircraft. The Reflected Reality and Foxtrot Alpha videos (mentioned in the linked threads above) were all I needed to get me started. Foxtrol Alpha has taken me deep in to the world of a Challenger pilot.

This aircraft is my #1 favorite to fly.

• Like 1

I think that mini-tutorial is included with aircraft and after that are different YouTube channels and docs from smartcockpit.com (about Challenger 605 but good enough for this type also). I have understood that the whole documentation set for Challenger 650 is like 10 000+ pages and manufacturer likes to keep its eye it. So full tutorial would be like 1000+ pages and hard to use. Professional pilots have ground school where they study the aircraft for two weeks full-time, it is hard to have such commitment from flight simmer. So it is easier to learn aircraft step by step (starting with mini-tutorial).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...