Managing settings before/after a flight

KirkR

Hello, I have XMidiCtrl working with a pair of x-touch mini's, and the Challenger 650 (courtesy of the @VictoryAJ customization to your CL60 profile.

My question is what is the best practice for when XPlane (12) is started up into a new flight (CL60), in terms of how the plane is configured (airframe setting such as "ready to taxi"), and what the settings are on the mini (which could be those from when the last flight ended)?  Do I need to manually set the buttons according to the CL60 airframe settings at the start of the flight (e.g. to match)?

Quite excited about how this addition to my sim is going to enable me to go to the next level with no PM (FO) assisted actions.  Very cool what you have done to help integrate this into XPlane.  As you can see, I have a flexible stand (with a 4 lb weight on its base) and a little clamp on light that creates a great experience.

Final question:  do you have a plug-in of this nature for MSFS?

37339464_SimSetup20Mar2023.jpg

Edited by KirkR

Since writing this inquiry, it has become clear that the mini devices recognize and reflect the state of the aircraft at the time of loading the flight in XPlane.  I have had no issues over 5-6 flights.  So it's clear that I do not need to do anything at flight startup.

Looks like all is working very well.  Very nice product, which significantly reduces panning around in the sim view in the Challenger 650 which requires a lot of pilot actions during certain phases of flight.

I do still have the question regarding MSFS, although Spad.next should be able to handle that (am already using it with other devices like RealSimGear (w/ MSFS).

Hi @KirkR,

Many thanks for the kind words. I'm very happy that you like my plugin - I like it as well and cannot imagine X-Plane without using the midi devices. You have a very nice setup, would love to have those G1000 screens :-)

I was looking at the MSFS SDK, but that really a very different world. Such a tool needs to be developed as a standalone application rather than a plugin. It would be a complete rewrite and would require a lot of work. There is a very nice and cheap tool called Axis and Ohs which supports the X-Touch. I'm using that for MSFS and I'm rather happy with it.

Hope that help,
Marco