TBM 900 Approach Chart Selection

TBM Bob

I’m running X-plane -11 (version 11.55r2 - build 115501) and plugin Hot Start TBM 900 ( version 1.1.13) on a Windows 11 Alienware PC with RealSim G1000 10.4" PFD, 15" MFD, PROC GMA Audio Panel, GCU478, GFC500, TBM Switch Panel.

When selecting “PROC” button on the RealSim  GCU478 panel, it is not possible to select the airport identifier or desired approaches using the Alpha-Numeric section of the RealSim GCU478 panel. It is possible to select the approach using the on-screen Alpha-Numeric version of the GCU478 panel with a left-clicks of the mouse. All the hardware appears to be working since it is possible to enter flight plans using the RealSim GCU478 Alpha-Numeric panel. The DataRef tool shows the RealSim GCU478 buttons are mapped correctly ( i.e. appears and turns yellow when selected). The data value =”1” when depressed and “0” when released. Command Mapping.ini file shows for Example: the letter “K”

[RealSimGear-GCU#5]  

BTN_K=sim/GPS/gcu478/K

The on-screen button left mouse click is mapped to:

tbm900/actuators/efis/mfd_keyboard_K.

The keys on the GCU478 that are inactive after selecting “PROC” include:

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0, ENT,SPC,BKSP.

All of the above keys function in the flight plan enter mode.

Is this a known bug? Is a patch available?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TBM Bob said:

I’m running X-plane -11 (version 11.55r2 - build 115501) and plugin Hot Start TBM 900 ( version 1.1.13) on a Windows 11 Alienware PC with RealSim G1000 10.4" PFD, 15" MFD, PROC GMA Audio Panel, GCU478, GFC500, TBM Switch Panel.

When selecting “PROC” button on the RealSim  GCU478 panel, it is not possible to select the airport identifier or desired approaches using the Alpha-Numeric section of the RealSim GCU478 panel. It is possible to select the approach using the on-screen Alpha-Numeric version of the GCU478 panel with a left-clicks of the mouse. All the hardware appears to be working since it is possible to enter flight plans using the RealSim GCU478 Alpha-Numeric panel. The DataRef tool shows the RealSim GCU478 buttons are mapped correctly ( i.e. appears and turns yellow when selected). The data value =”1” when depressed and “0” when released. Command Mapping.ini file shows for Example: the letter “K”

[RealSimGear-GCU#5]  

BTN_K=sim/GPS/gcu478/K

The on-screen button left mouse click is mapped to:

tbm900/actuators/efis/mfd_keyboard_K.

The keys on the GCU478 that are inactive after selecting “PROC” include:

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0, ENT,SPC,BKSP.

All of the above keys function in the flight plan enter mode.

Is this a known bug? Is a patch available?

I have the same issue as well. I sent an email to realsimgear. You might want to do the same so they know its not an isolated incident.

fly safe

I got a response from realsimgear:

"I believe this is an issue on the TBM side of things where the developer has used the newer GCU commands for interfacing for standard operations (ie entering a flight plan), but the older G1000 based commands for things like what you mention. Its been some time since I looked into this, but I believe that is the issue. Unfortunately our hardware can only be mapped to one set of commands at any given time, so Hotstart needs to implement a standard set of command usage across all of the functions of the MFD, ideally using the newer style GCU commands included with X-Plane"

fly safe

• 2 weeks later...