Night Lighting For The CL650

N53E

I hope this is the correct place for this post.  I'm having a problem with the lighting inside the CL650 cockpit. The cockpit is over bright, like the dome light is on but its not. The battery is turn off. Either way the inside has a green color over all surfaces. The glass in the cockpit makes it almost impossible to see through. The outside looks great, its from the inside looking out. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times with the same problem.

CL650 - 2023-03-06 21.24.38.png

1284545216_CL650-2023-03-0621_26_13.png

1946337444_CL650-2023-03-0621_26_45.png

CL650 - 2023-03-06 21.28.43.png

CL650 - 2023-03-06 21.29.51.png

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:08 AM, Pils said:

Just looks like X-Plane 12 standard reflections of the displays. The reason they might not look like it is because the lighting reflections are only updated every few minutes in V1.7. What do you think @Goran_M?

Correct.  Reflections from the surroundings.  I'm considering reducing the reflectiveness in an update.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/26/2023 at 10:33 AM, Goran_M said:

Some of the reflections posted are unusual, because I'm simply not seeing them.  

I've made a few adjustments, but the reflections on the floor, and the side panels, are not there.

Thanks! That's great news.

What about this effect here: 

Is that fixed too?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Folks,

Is it a safe assumption that the lighting and windscreen glare from the flight deck are still an issue?  Not a big deal but annoying. 

I've been able to tone down most of the instrumentation and panel lights using the Integral knobs located at the bottom of the middle console EXCEPT for the back lit button switches on the over head, and lower console panels. 

I just purchased the 650 couple weeks ago and up to now, I've been running through what I call orientation/learning the aircraft and systems using the many, many videos online.  Its a tedious process but enjoyable.

I have version 1.7r1 of the 650 - assuming that's what everyone else is using.

Snag_5d92d8bc.png

1 hour ago, David_M said:

EXCEPT for the back lit button switches on the over head

Flip the IND LTD switch to DIM.

Is it a safe assumption that the lighting and windscreen glare from the flight deck are still an issue?

This is all an XP12 fundamental feature, not a bug. It’s been tweaked by HS, but can only do so much and stay realistic.

I have version 1.7r1 of the 650 - assuming that's what everyone else is using.

V1.8 is available as a beta via our Discord.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:57 PM, Pils said:

This is all an XP12 fundamental feature, not a bug. It’s been tweaked by HS, but can only do so much and stay realistic.

Pils,

Thanks for all your input(s)!  I will work with the your suggestions shortly.

Can you send me a link to the discord channel?  I might just try out the 1.8 ---

On 3/5/2024 at 9:57 PM, Pils said:

Ok,

1. the IND LTD switch to DIM is good.

2. I could always install XP11 and have both version depending how desperate I am to deal with the glare issue.

3. As requested, send over the discord invite 

I have similarly excessive cockpit reflections to the OP on XP12 on macOS-arm (maybe it's specific to macOS Metal graphics APIs?).  Here's the thread I started before seeing this one: 

I think it adds some detail not covered by the OP, specifically relating to the Environment Maps.  Hope it helps, @David_M