Walking around in aircraft

audiotracker

I've seen this in a few videos, mostly the new B747 video and I always wondered....how the heck do you walk around in any aircraft you're flying? The only thing I can seem to do is move up and down until I'm outside riding the fuselage...lol. Thanks in advance!

You use the 3D Cockpit mode and then use the forward/backward movements to move around. The mouse acts as your head...in X-Plane 9 this was CTRL and O at once to get into 3D mode, and then the page up and page down keys to move back and forth...it's escaping me the new key commands for X-Plane 10. Still learning those as long as I've had the stinkin' beta! ;)

.. How could I retrieve X-Plane 9 pretty useful camera system ?

I haven't Track IR, and in cockpit view , I always used hat switch to pan views, left right up down .. Impossible now, also, the zoom out to space function has been removed... WHY ? It was a very exclusive feature of X-Plane .. ;-(

LOL, thnx Simmo, very nice to be here...much more comfortable environment, I must say!...and yes, WHY did they remap all the control buttons for xplane 10? Even doing an outside view I had to look up what button to press. Like you have to relearn x-plane all over again...ahh well, hopefully will be worth it once all the bugs are ironed out