X-plane 12

Rick310

I suppose I'll upgrade or change over to the Gizmo64.plugin pair once my XP12 aircraft are converted. I suspect there will be an installer that will deprecate and replace Gizmo (the current version)? If not, manually changing is straightforward. It may not be straightforward for all X-Plane users, however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VirtualGAaviator said:

I suppose I'll upgrade or change over to the Gizmo64.plugin pair once my XP12 aircraft are converted. I suspect there will be an installer that will deprecate and replace Gizmo (the current version)? If not, manually changing is straightforward. It may not be straightforward for all X-Plane users, however.

yeah can we get installer please or part of airplane install? it is a pain right now for every product update to install this gizmo two plugin beta. i will wait too. already existing solution work fine anyhow. you need to make it easier for people mr ben

Edited by pinuccio41
spell
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LR has confirmed that XP12 crashes when loading non-stock payware or freeware aircraft. The ZIBO 737 & upcoming X-Crafts E-Jets E175 are 2 that I know about. And the official advise from LR to both end-users & 3rd party aircraft developers is load up the Cessna C172 & switch to the desired aircraft. Maybe other non-stock aircraft also have this problem.

LR has also not provided a time scale of when this problem will be fixed which appears to me like they have not found the reason for this crash. So, it may take a release or 5.

Just an FYI.

51 minutes ago, scooke7 said:

LR has confirmed that XP12 crashes when loading non-stock payware or freeware aircraft. The ZIBO 737 & upcoming X-Crafts E-Jets E175 are 2 that I know about. And the official advise from LR to both end-users & 3rd party aircraft developers is load up the Cessna C172 & switch to the desired aircraft. Maybe other non-stock aircraft also have this problem.

Thanks for the update.

As others I invested heavily in Xplane 11 and eventually bought Xplane 12.

Whilst I enjoy flying airliners in 12 the lack of scenery for vfr flights and the fact that my favourite TBM 900 remains some way away from xp12 means I now use both.

GA flights including hot start CL650 I run on xp11 and run commercial jets like TollissA321 on xp12 as well as CL650.

If orbx and plane developers don’t catch up and xp11 does not get supported then my hobby will die with xp11

Shame as xp12 has some great plus points Water on the runway and better clouds is not enough.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

X-plane 12 is falling way behind MSFS2020. I read FsElite and most of their articles are about MSFS2020. It looks like to me that 3rd party devs are making money off MSFS2020. 

The question I have is MSFS2020 more popular and selling more copies than X-Plane 12?

IMO X-Plane 11 was the top seller when it came out. Beating prepar3D and FSX. FSX was not hard to do. This simulator sucked. FSX was the worst flight simulator Microsoft ever made.

I am not saying MSFS2020 is better than X-Plane 12. I am saying that MSFS2020 has become a flight simulator best seller.

And Microsoft just announced the start of MSFS2024. Can we expect a X-plane 13 in the near future?

Edited by Rick310
Clarify my point

23 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Dont know why it even needs to be discussed

Maybe I want to talk about. X-plane 12 needs alot work. That's why MSFS2020 is kicking x-plane 12's A@# in sales.

X-plane 11 is the best simulator on the market today. Until x-plane 12 does something???? Will X-plane 12 be able to match MSFS2020 in sales when complete? Time will tell.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

Negitive. X-plane 11 is the best simulator on the market today.

See but that is just an opinion, for many like me, there is nothing like xp12, but that is my opinion.

37 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

Maybe I want to talk about. X-plane 12 needs alot work

The only thing xplane12 needs right now is some optimisation, and next beta will bring some of that to us. Developers are still getting there heads around the inner workings which, with the demands of simmers, is getting quiet complex.

We can sit and discuss opinions all day, in they end, they are all just opinions. The only thing that matters is filing in bug reports as required so things can be improved.

Edited by mjrhealth

I have all three sims. Rarely do I fly XP11 or MSFS. All three are here for our enjoyment, right? Just a matter of taste.

As far as XP12 goes, I would surmise that everyone involved in the project, whether you are: 1) A part of Laminar, 2) A 3rd party dev. or, 3) an end user, are feeling the frustrations from the delays. Those in development, at all levels, I believe are working as hard and fast as they can.

As for LR, I suppose getting the code to be forward leaning and backwards compatible is turning out to be tougher than they originally thought. 3rd Party devs gotta eat and catching food gets a lot tougher when you can't get your products out or they aren't selling because the way the code behaves - causes stuff to break. Finally, if you're you or me then it gets harder and harder to understand why the hell is it taking so long to roll out my beloved aircraft? You might even be starting to wonder if it's worth sticking with X-Plane 12. You know you can't go back to XP11 and the thought of flying full-time in the other sim leaves a bad taste in your mouth. So all you, as an end user, can do is tie a rope and hang on.

I know this doesn't apply to those who're perfectly content with XP11. But for the rest of us all I can say is, "hang in there".:unsure:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

See but that is just an opinion

I agree. But this is not an opinion, I think this is fact. Most simulator pilots today favor scenery(eye candy) over simulating flying a real airplane. In other forums I read this comment a lot "I don't want to read just to fly the airplane. I just want to hop in and takeoff" This is why more people buy MSFS than x-plane is because of the eye candy. They want to fly over their homes and see where they live. I do not know is MSFS2020 is the same as MSFS2004, but in 2004 you hit ctrl - c and it starts your engines and your ready to takeoff. Microsoft makes flying easy. People today don't want to learn or work for that matter. This pisses me off.

X-plane forever is my motto. I will never buy another Microsoft flight simulator. And someday I will buy x-plane 12. Bottom line here is that I don't like change. I know some day x-plane 12 will be the best flight simulator on the market.

2 minutes ago, Rick310 said:

Most simulator pilots today favor scenery(eye candy)

100% agree, than they loose interest because it gets boring, never the less. its still there opinion that got them to purchase it. Bright colors and pretty planes, I guess carenado must be making  fortune over there.

• Like 1

Ok, your right. Everyone has an opinion and everyone has an a@#hole. Depends which one you like the most. And  most of the time I am an A@#hole.

Read FSElite, 3rd party Devs are making a lot of money off MSFS2020. Also read navigraph, they too are making a lot of money off MSFS2020.

Sad, x-plane 12 has fallen out of the picture. Question is can X-plane 12 rebound and get the 3rd party devs back. I hope so.

7 hours ago, Rick310 said:

but in 2004 you hit ctrl - c and it starts your engines and your ready to takeoff

XP has a similar option. I believe it's Ctr-Shift-E.

7 hours ago, Rick310 said:

Sad, x-plane 12 has fallen out of the picture. Question is can X-plane 12 rebound and get the 3rd party devs back. I hope so.

I wouldn't say that X-Plane has fallen out of the picture.

Laminar Research and Microsoft is a classic David and Goliath story (IMO). David may appear to be beaten down but the story isn't over. I think David is looking for it's niche. I think it's trying to find something that Goliath can't easily match. I'm hoping and believing that it'll be the fidelity of it's aircraft. That is why the Hot Starts, IXEGs, and perhaps even the RealSimGears (RSG is a relative newcomer to aircraft, but WOW! their DA40NG is simply wonderful) of the world are so important. Those that push the envelop in aircraft fidelity will ensure David maintains a place in the arena.
HOWEVER (there's always a however, right?), This is software we're talking about. Goliath was built on software and can throw resources at matching David's blows.

What gets my goat to stumping is that Goliath has this huge roadmap of things it needs to fix. Stuff that was promised at launch still hasn't come to pass. Now they have the gall to announce a new version as if the existing version is stable. And folks are salivating for the new version - problems with the old version be damned. I just don't get it. :wacko:

X-Plane foreever!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Seems to ge getting newbies evety few dsys.

And thats your opinion. And I said my opinion. We both have opinions and we both have a#$holes. 

All is good in the flight sim world. Fly Alaska!

Edited by Rick310
change words
  • Upvote 1

@mjrhealth You sure have a strong opinion. What do you know about flying? How many flight hours do you have? What type of aircraft do you fly? And do fly on a network with live ATC?

My stats are listed below. I do fly on a network with live ATC (IVAO) and fly all small turboprop and prop planes. I fly mostly VFR unless the weather does not permit, then I fly IFR.

Wait, do you know what VFR and IFR means?

Just want to know more about a person with an opinion. Thats all.

Knowledge is power.