CRJ200 Engine fire/Oil Pressure

andydckent

Hi there,

This is probably a dumb question but every time I fly my new CRJ the engines catch fire and stop.

It seems to be to do with oil pressure first then engine fire and failure. Also I note that it seems to happen when I click to external view example shift-2. I make sure not to run engine over 100%. Any solution?

Using xplane 10 demo.

Thanks!

Andy

I don't have time at the moment to try the full startup procedure, but I have to change my story a little - it actually doesn't do this for me when I first load the airplane, only when I've been flying around for a bit and then select a new airport / approach.

It has never happened to me in the middle of a flight.

Okay, found it.

Here's the deal: X-Plane 9 first loads scenery, then the airplane.

X-Plane 10 loads the plane first, then the scenery.

Plane gets loaded, and initialized, many variables zero. Among them, N2 RPM. But when started with engines running, the fuel valve is open.

In X-Plane 9, since scenery is loaded, it will instantly start to fly an N2 RPM immediately go to 80% or so.

In X-Plane 10, it would sit with 0% N2 for as long as it takes to load the scenery.

Now my logic detects a hot start, because you added fuel while the N2 RPM is below 15.

And if it takes longer than a few seconds to load, my logic senses that the pilot is too stupid to pull back the cutoff switch -> engine fire is sheduled to occur.

I will fix this, for the time being you have two ways to work around it:

-Startup X-Plane with a default plane, so that scenery is already loaded when you switch to the CRJ

-Select cold start and fire up the engines yourself, and of course "by the book". But that 's of course hard on your 15min demo time. That's why I love my little USB key :))))

Philipp

• Upvote 1

Thanks Phillipp,

I am glad to hear that its not 'just' that I am a terrible CRJ-200 pilot that my engines keep cathing fire! Think I'll probably have to wait until my full version arrives before attempting a cold start, or guess I could have a go following the video on youtube for a speed run.... :)

Andy

• 1 month later...

Hello,

i have a similar problem with my crj200 .Today i'm with xplane 10 b7 crj200 and absolutly no plug ins or add on in xplane.

I can reproduce the problem when i want: to do that load crj200 it's okay no problem but when i'm load the crj .he is loaded on the active runway so i move it on any ramp of the airport .Before to do that i am going to failures and all boutons are green all is ok and no failures are programmed. so after the move on a ramp i have the two engines fires with AIT going in the red just before. If i go again to failures panel of xplane i have in motors/fire motor 1 and 2 the message: hit CTRL F or JOY inoperable... This problem is reproductible on any airports in the world. i precise that my joystick is ok (i testing with pro flight yoke system and cyborg evo) for delete the problem try to reload aicraft (crj200) sometimes is ok or sometimes it is the same problem

thank for your help and all the work ... and happy new year to the team.

Hi Pepel,

since you bought on .org, you have to get the 1.3.1 update there. Please avoid cross-posting in both support forums, because I tend to lose track on who's problem is solved and who is still waiting...

Philipp

Edited by philipp