RXP GPS powers when it shouldn't

EGT

The RXPs can be configured to draw power from one of the (standard) electric buses in XP. If the avionics switch doesn't hook up a standard bus, but instead uses some custom logic to power the other avionics components then indeed, this will become a rather interesting endeavor :ph34r: 

screenshot_235.png.9d5042066555bab96bc5f24cb986f93d.png

Edited by daemotron

On 2/4/2023 at 5:07 PM, daemotron said:

but instead uses some custom logic to power the other avionics components then indeed, this will become a rather interesting endeavor

That is the case at the moment, because X-Plane's bus tie system is severly limited, which makes it tough for bus isolation or emergency bus in the case of the Moo..  They are changing this as even the Laminar aircraft devs are having problems with the simplified model....but I couldn't say for sure if their implementation will be adequate.  Its always a challenge tap-dancing around X-Plane's various functionalities.  Already bad enough the radios respond to "avionics bus" dataref and there's only one of those, though the radios are on differing busses in the Moo.  always something.

I do have this on my todo list to look at.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler

• 3 months later...

Update.....apparently the latest XP12 will have new facilites for "bus tie" modeling....but since I've already custom coded my own, I have to figure out of Laminar's default will be sufficient...and if so, I'll have to carefully cut out my own bus code without breaking anything.  I'm going to wait and see what XP12 bus tie feature holds before addressing this one.

Hm, if you have it completely custom, one option could be to use one of the two avionics switches to also power e.g. the standard avionics bus, without touching the rest of your own bus tie logic code (not sure if I'm too naive there, never tinkered with XP's electric buses).