Hardware Engine Control Problems/Bugs

EGT

Hi,

I'm using a hardware throttle (TM Warthog throttle) which is mapped using standard axis in XP11 as per the recommendations in the MU-2 documentation.

The throttle is a single throttle mapped to Throttle 5, and the other throttle is mapped to prop lever (PROP) as stated.

The option "manipulators with hardware" is UNCHECKED.

There is a serious problem with how the HARDWARE is interacting with the sim.

The throttles and condition levers are working correctly IN SO FAR AS the animations, detents, etc., and working, and I can operate the THROTTLE detent via a button on the throttle to lift the throttles.

Basically the bugs as I can see them relate to how the MU-2 handles hardware input, in addition to several missing or malfunctioning features.

First, the throttle:

* Moves the levers as expected
* Gate works correctly
* Button to lift throttles for single-lever hardware works

However... the engines do NOT respond to the throttle.

Second, the condition levers.

* Moves the levers as expected
* Gate/toggle does NOT work

However, again, the engines do NOT respond to the hardware! This also makes it IMPOSSIBLE to start the engines using the normal procedures AT ALL.

The workaround.

Before starting the engines, the levers MUST be moved USING THE MOUSE to TAKEOFF/LANDING then they can be operated with the hardware throttles. Failure to do this results in the engine system thinking the condition levers are still in EMERGENCY/FEATHER position when they are NOT. Levers in the cockpit are moving in response to the hardware when this happens.

A similar problem exists with the throttles, however that bug relates to the setting of "use manipulators with hardware". The manipulators MUST be disabled, otherwise the engines totally do NOT respond to either throttle or condition lever input.

After I figured this out I was finally able to go flying, but it rather soured my initial experience with this aircraft.

9 hours ago, EGT said:

A similar problem exists with the throttles, however that bug relates to the setting of "use manipulators with hardware". The manipulators MUST be disabled, otherwise the engines totally do NOT respond to either throttle or condition lever input.

I simulated your setup with my dual throttle hardware (left lever to throttle 5, right lever to prop) and don't seem to be having any issues at first glance...everything works normally and as expected, beta range, alpha, gate 'lift' commands.......the TAXI > EMER toggle command...all work for me; however, that doesn't mean you didn't come across some weird sequence of setup that caused an issue initially.  Are you still having issues?   I have seen the odd case of initial setup being a bit weird, but on a subsequent restart, all fall into line.

-tkyler

9 hours ago, tkyler said:

I simulated your setup with my dual throttle hardware (left lever to throttle 5, right lever to prop) and don't seem to be having any issues at first glance...everything works normally and as expected, beta range, alpha, gate 'lift' commands.......the TAXI > EMER toggle command...all work for me; however, that doesn't mean you didn't come across some weird sequence of setup that caused an issue initially.  Are you still having issues?   I have seen the odd case of initial setup being a bit weird, but on a subsequent restart, all fall into line.

-tkyler

I'll check it out again. I have two controllers, and I'm not using any other software between them and XP, so XP is using the raw inputs.

I'll also check the keybinds again.