Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hey, really appreciate the quick responses! Will give this a try later...went out for some errands and got rear ended by a truck...van is broken, my face took a few stitches...looks like I'll have a few days to sit on pain meds and play with xPlane!...I'll let ya all know if the ipv6 fix does it....sounds likely.... :)

OD1

Wish I could fly to run errands...its safer :)

Glad you're okay! Relax some and enjoy the most of your "time off." :)

Simon,

If you're installer didn't ask you which version then:

A) You installed version 1.2

Or

B ) You downloaded prior to the 1.3 release.

I think your best bet is to go download the update again and run the installer. The latest version will definitely ask you for version 9 or 10!

And yes...it's "real" lights inside now.

I guess it is possible to use 1.3 in X-Plane 9 and in the 10 Demo. How do I go about installing it in both places? I am on Mac.

Thanks

Peter

Just install two xplane's 9 and 10 and install the plane in both x-planes. 9 version in xplane9 and 10 version in xp10.

I believe you shouldn't have any problem with licences... because is the same computer.. but if you have, ask Cameron.

Just install two xplane's 9 and 10 and install the plane in both x-planes. 9 version in xplane9 and 10 version in xp10.

I believe you shouldn't have any problem with licences... because is the same computer.. but if you have, ask Cameron.

You'll have no issues at all with your license for a dual install. :)

As Javier has stated, you'll need to install two times to ensure ALL of the files make it into the right place for each version. Also be sure to select X-Plane 9 or X-Plane 10 when it asks you which version of X-Plane! Very important!

Please don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any issues. We're here to help!

• Upvote 1

Simmo,

that's definitely not the latest version you are flying there.

The new lighting in X-Plane 10 looks way better.

Philipp

So I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I sort my downloads by date, so I know I downloaded the the latest one yesterday.

It prompted me to select 9 or 10, so I slowly, gingerly picked 10. Installed.

I may be picky, but I'm not seeing any more impressive lights than were in the video - I was expecting an 'ooh' moment.

I'm out right now, but if u pm me with things to look out for or files that can be verified, I'll check it out when I can.

Thanks

you can check two things:

What does the aircraft icon say?

It must say v.1.3 in the left corner, and X-Plane 10 in the right corner. If the text X-Plane 10 is not on the icon, you don't have the X-Plane 10 version installed.

What does the plugin version say? In the Plugin Admin, Plugin Information the CRJAvionics pugin must be v 1.3.0

Philipp

So I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I sort my downloads by date, so I know I downloaded the the latest one yesterday.

It prompted me to select 9 or 10, so I slowly, gingerly picked 10. Installed.

I may be picky, but I'm not seeing any more impressive lights than were in the video - I was expecting an 'ooh' moment.

I'm out right now, but if u pm me with things to look out for or files that can be verified, I'll check it out when I can.

Thanks

It should look similar to this:

Note the purple and green tones even with lights off. Displays are casting light.

It should look similar to this: http://forums.x-pilo...dpost__p__29161

Note the purple and green tones even with lights off. Displays are casting light.

Ok, I've just seen this screen on pc now, I don't recall seeing this type of subtle effect with the floodlights off. Now have to wait till I can try again on my own pc to check Philipp's references..

When I last checked, they work on Windows with nVidia also with HDR on. On Mac it didn't work.

However, given how fast Ben fixed it on Windows (between 10.01r2 and 10.02) I'm sure it won't take long until the effect works on all other platforms.

Philipp