Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.3 Update Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 1.2 update for the Take Command! CRJ-200. All customers who have purchased the CRJ-200 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete installation instructions on how to update your product. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase the CRJ-200 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 1.3 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviati...talog/login.php

2. View your past order history invoice that contains the CRJ-200 purchase on it.

3. At the bottom of the invoice you will find a blue highlighted link to your update that says: "Take Command!: CRJ-200".

The new installer will detect whether this is a new install, or if you already have any CRJ-200 version installed. Depending on your current situation, the installer will run through the appropriate paths with you, including uninstalling all unnecessary items from the previous version!

Your liveries/downloaded paints will be safe in this process!

There are some important fixes and requests implemented in this update.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

GRAPHICS:

* 3D cockpit update to make use of X-Plane 10 features:

- Dynamic shadows in cockpit

- Multiple light sources for all exterior lights

- More impressive cockpit lighting with glowing displays

SYSTEMS:

* Added the remote CDU feature: Control the FMS from any web browsing device in your network. See more about this here: http://bit.ly/tFucVe

* Improved performance of FMS, especially LEGS page has less hit on FPS

* Fixed a bug that caused overwriting of some X-Plane settings on Linux

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 1

Hi there...so I just got the RJ on the weekend...got the update email and thus downloaded the 1.3 version. After install I get a total CTD of xPlane. Went back to 1.2 version and no CTD. I did ensure I selected the XPlane 9, not 10 option when installing the update. I did notice the 1.3 installer did the C++ install but it doesn't run the OpenAL or ??? (other install in 1.2 that runs last and goes to C:/windows/system32 folder...

Any advice? Tried a search, was going to update XUIPC after a few CTD reads but I dont have it installed anyway so thats likely not it....

OD1

I did notice the 1.3 installer did the C++ install but it doesn't run the OpenAL or ??? (other install in 1.2 that runs last and goes to C:/windows/system32 folder...

All of that is silent now. It got installed, don't worry. :)

As for the rest of your message, my first thought would be some kind of plug-in clash. Is this X-Plane 10 or 9?

Can you try backing up and then dumping your preferences to see if that helps first? If it doesn't, please post the crash_log.txt file and we'll work to help you out.

Thanks!

Hi there!

I'm running X-Plane 9 on Ubuntu Natty. Updater (and uninstaller) runs without problems, but when starting X-Plane there comes the window:

"I tried to openthe following ...

... This smacks of a corrupted ...

... so you can still fly though."

After uninstalling and reinstalling the Ver.1.2 everything works fine. X-Plane is Version 9.7, Updater says that it is the latest version.

Thank you for help.

S.

(EDVE)

As well I am still new to xPlane and not sure what you mean by dumping preferences? I looked through the xplane install folder but wasnt sure which file holds the preferences...and I also didnt see a crash_log.txt file...guess I better read the xplane manual a bit deeper...;) Thanks for your reply btw!

Hi there!

I'm running X-Plane 9 on Ubuntu Natty. Updater (and uninstaller) runs without problems, but when starting X-Plane there comes the window:

"I tried to openthe following ...

After uninstalling and reinstalling the Ver.1.2 everything works fine. X-Plane is Version 9.7, Updater says that it is the latest version.

Thank you for help.

S.

(EDVE)

Hi, there,

This is likely due to you not selecting X-Plane 9 or 10 during install. The installer was letting people bypass this step, though a new installer has now been uploaded to prevent this. If you made no selection, XP 10 was installing into XP 9.

You can do one of two things:

1. Re-download the new installer just to have it

2. Re-run the installer you have and be sure you select the correct version of X-Plane!

Let us know how you go!

Update 1.2 ->1.3, ubuntu 11:10 after update crashes of X-plane 9.7 , the same with X-plane 10 webdemo. First time after install : "I tried to openthe following ...

...New install , now total crash of X-plane both versions. Any ideas?

Now downgrade to 1.2 to fly the rjc 200

Update 1.2 ->1.3, ubuntu 11:10 after update crashes of X-plane 9.7 , the same with X-plane 10 webdemo. First time after install : "I tried to openthe following ...

...New install , now total crash of X-plane both versions. Any ideas?

Now downgrade to 1.2 to fly the rjc 200

Read the reply directly above your post....

Second first: Re-running the installer and selecting explicit X-Plane 9 or selecting X-Plane 10 and then select X-Plane 9 to be sure, that X-Plane 9 is definetly selected, installs Ver.1.3.

Running X-Plane after this, X-Plane will be shut down by selecting the CRJ200

Downloading again the complete package, due to the lack of a download-link, running the installer...

... same effect.

And now ...

... I miss her...

Hope we find a solution

thanks

S.

(EDVE)

Hi, at what time exactly was the fixed installer active in your servers? I downloaded it 15.5 hrs ago but won't be able to try for a day or so

Can't wait to hear how she performs in 10.

Edit- nah don't worry, I see you still get a choice, so I'll be picking 10!

Edited by Simmo W
  • Upvote 1

I think I know what's wrong - XP doesn't support dual stack by default.

Enable IPv6 as per this microsoft support document: http://www.microsoft...t.mspx?mfr=true

And then try again.

Philipp

Hey, really appreciate the quick responses! Will give this a try later...went out for some errands and got rear ended by a truck...van is broken, my face took a few stitches...looks like I'll have a few days to sit on pain meds and play with xPlane!...I'll let ya all know if the ipv6 fix does it....sounds likely.... :)

OD1

Wish I could fly to run errands...its safer :)

Edited by od1canod

OK, so I checked now and you got it! Darn, you got some skills! Thanks so much Philipp!!! Now I can spend time checking out the 1.3 RJ! And seeing as I now have some time this will be awesome! 5 Stars & A+ for you my friend, if your ever in Alberta Canada make sure you let me know...a pint of something Canadian on me!